Logo Creator v6.6 becomes unresponsive and refuses to close

Discussion in 'The Creator V 7 Bug Reports' started by Bobthebuilder, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobthebuilder

Bobthebuilder

Hi,
    I upgraded to the v6.6 a couple of weeks ago and had some problems getting it to work on my Windows 7 machine - it seemed unresponsive, sluggish and had the same problem that I am about to describe.
    So I installed the upgrade on my Windows 8 machine, tried to find logos, templates etc and managed (in the end) to get them into the correct folders so that Logo Creator could find them. I thought all was good and did some good work.
    This morning I find that the unresponsive behaviour has returned. I noticed it when I was pulling down some 'shapes' from the shapes.db onto a template that I was about to modify.
    Because it appeared to have crashed, I tried to close what I was doing - all that happened was that the image on the screen faded.... further clicking on the close X at the top right failed to 'close' the program but did result in further fading to grey of the image until it was just a blank light grey screen with only the header bar still visible!
    I needed to use the task manager to close the program, but I did a 'dump' before I closed it. If that is any help I can send it to you if you tell me how.
    Thanks in anticipation
    Bob

2. KD-did

KD-did

3. jmerc

jmerc

I upgraded to v6.6 today and I am having the same issues as above. I purchased the product about a year ago on the WF. I have Windows 7. I am unable to complete a logo. Can I go back to prior version?

4. Douglas Shrader

Douglas Shrader

I have the Logo Creator 6.6 and soon and running windows 7. I can never complete a logo. seems when I go to select a a shape the logo creator freezes and you cannot exit the software. you have to restart the computer to exit. I was hoping to hear about a fix for this.

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

That is a know bug with the shapes folder. Please delete the shapes_db file located in your logo elelements directory.

6. Alberto HNA

Alberto HNA

Same problem here, so where this shapes_db?

Sad bug, I bought today and now I have less options

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

This view is from WIN8

shapes pak location.JPG

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

THIS SOLUTION IS NO LONGER NEEDED IF YOU HAVE VERSION 6.8 INSTALLED!

1. Navigate to the location depicted above.
    2. DELETE THE SHAPES_DB FILE.
    3. While in the same location: Right mouse click and create a new folder named "SHAPES"
    4. Unzip the attached file into that folder.

This is a temporary fix I came up with using the shapes folder from an older version of the Logo Creator.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS FOR YOU!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  9. HardyGirl

HardyGirl

Okay, so this works (PC running Win 7). But why is it still a work-around when the first reports were back in April 2013??

10. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Glad to hear my solution worked for you. Laughingbird Software isn't a huge company by any means-even with the best intentions "bugs" slip through the cracks. I've been using the software since 2003 (I was in northern Iraq-- couldn't print anything but I made logos). Marc (Who I and a few others call "Big Bird") the owner, is aware of of the bug, and is working on it. That's about the best answer I can come up with for now.

I consider myself an expert at the windows version of The logo creator, you are always welcome to start a private conversation to discuss any other concerns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.