Logo Creator Site Pages are Missing!

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by sidney jones, Apr 14, 2008.

1. sidney jones

sidney jones

I just installed LC v3. From the Window menu I select "The Logo Creator Website" or "Internet Tutorials", but alas, neither page exists. I also selected "Check Internet for Updates" and 4 files were downloaded, but no improvement resulted. What's going-on? Does this software work? Please advise,
    Sid :image09:

2. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

advise:
    1. read as manny posts as you can,
    2. use the search option to get info,

answer to question;
    Yes the software works.

MD

3. KD-did

KD-did

Welcome to the forum Sid and yes the software works. The reason you couldn't update through the program is that the program looks for the update/s at a certain address and that address was on a different host than it is now.

You may need to uninstall everything, remove any folder left in "program files" and start over. Be sure to start updating with the oldest to the newest and do a cold reboot after.

4. sidney jones

sidney jones

Thanks for the response KD-did! I poked around the forum archives and learned that there are updates. I installed the v4 update. Upon running it I selected a logo and tried to modify the main graphic. This brought-up the "Element Setter" window from which I selected "Help Files and Ideas". Alas, it notified me: "No Artwork To Display". Worse yet, there appears to be no mechanism to add artwork. From this menu there are neither the promised "Help" nor "Ideas". Where are they? So, I ran the tutorial which says: "Clicking on an IMAGE in the template will change the top panel and show you additional images you can use!" Where are they? Please advise, Sid

5. KD-did

KD-did

Did you try "dragging" the desired image into the template?

Is your V3 for a PC or for a Mac?

6. sidney jones

sidney jones

There is no "desired image" to be found in the "Element Setter" panel. What is the "template". Lots of ambiguities here, huh? The v3 (which has been updated to v4) is the PC version distributed in box by summitsoftcorp. Are you viewing the forum in text only mode? I used the "PC USER" icon. So, again, where are the "Help" and "Ideas" items? Sid

7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi sidney.
    Welcome to the forum.

I see the problem now.
    Summitsoft used to be my publisher ... about 4 years ago.

the version of The Logo Creator you're using is very old.
    I've since updated the software as you mentioned above.

PM me your eMail address and I'll set you up correctly. The upgrade path from the Summitsoft version is tricky.

Just curious, you mentioned you had "just installed" the software.
    The software hasn't been selling since 2004 or so. When and where did you purchase the version you now have?

Marc

8. sidney jones

sidney jones

Read...Hmmm. I like your 385 logos video on your site. Sid

9. sidney jones

sidney jones

Hi Marc: Yes, I purchased that software back in - perhaps - 2003 from Fry's Electronics in Sacramento, and I installed it promptly. Unfortunately, my motherboard died taking my XP files with it to the big bit bin in the sky. So, I built another PC and re-installed only the software which I thought I needed at the time. Recently I've been looking for a utility to create graphics for digital media like boxes, jewel cases, e-books, etc. You know, like the eCover Creator in Web Graphics Creator. I identified your software, which I have been considering. It reminded me of that old summitsoftcorp stuff. So, i re-installed it to get a reminder of how well your software works to aid in my decision to purchase more software from you. But, as you can see, things are not going very well at all. You can e-mail me at sidney dot jones at gmail dot com Thanks, in advance, Sid
    :image09:

10. sidney jones

sidney jones

Hi again: I downloaded the InsightPoint vector drawing program that you point to on your site. Thanks! Sid
    :image28: