Logo Creator Newbie Font Problems

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by RAMilewski, May 23, 2008.

1. RAMilewski

RAMilewski

I'm running TLC 5.2 on MacOS 10.5.2.

When I try to select a system font, fewer than 10% of my fonts appear to work. I can see them all in the scroll window. (...and I can even scroll to all of them after I resize the window to show the "scroll down" arrow that's covered up because of the incorrect default window size).

But most of the fonts simply don't work. Anything in the Helvetica Neue family seems to work as do a few others. Interestingly, the Impact system font does not work, but the TLC Impact does.

Am I making some sort of obvious newbie error?

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Welcome to the forums. Sorry but I am not a Mac user but hopefully one will come along and be able to help you with this. I will also pass this on to a Mac user. Hang in there.

3. KD-did

KD-did

RAMilewski, welcome to the TLC forums.

The font issue you are experiencing is not a newbie error on your part. The fonts must be in the first font folder and secondly have been made by the font foundries an "outline" font.

I have the same issue with many of my fonts. I happen to run both platforms on my Mac and only have the issue when running the Mac platform... I know that Marc has been looking into the issue.