Logo Creator installed, lack of templates and elements after reopening

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by vessie, Oct 2, 2014.

1. vessie

vessie

Any one knows how to fix it? I am out of ideas, installed and uninstalled couple of times , same issue: Thank you

1 min video shows when open first time after installed and later after exit and reopening.

Just right after installing the logo creator software , first time the templates, elements and peoples' pack are there. ( up to the 45 second), After exit and reopening the software from 47 seconds : the templates, elements and peoples pack are gone! And every time after -Gone!

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Search your entire computer for the following file and DELETE IT! YOU MAY HAVE MULTIPLE COPIES OF IT!

DS_STORE

It's a MAC file that gets windows version of TLC all confused, not needed by windows.

3. KD-did

KD-did

I strongly suggest changing the name of where you saved templates file from "My templates" to an other name ... My Logos or Logo Holding.
    There is a file all ready named " My Templates" within in the Logo Library FILES my templates.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    gcuneo2 likes this.
  4. vessie

vessie

Thank you , I deleted ds_store files ( 13) from my desktop, still did not solve the issue .

5. vessie

vessie

Thank you , I named the file " my templates,logo creator.Also I do not why ( is it normal) if the "Laughingbirds " document documents folder is empty

Attached Files:

• lc1.PNG
      lc1.PNG
      File size:
      24.2 KB
      Views:
  6. ABDULAZIZ H BINSHAMS

ABDULAZIZ H BINSHAMS

CONTACT LOGO CREATER SUPPORT FOR HELP

7. KD-did

KD-did

lc1.PNG Vessy, rename your saving file ....it so the file can not be confused by the program. File named My templates,logo creator is too close in name. Rename the file where your templates are stored.Two files in 2 different locations with similar names cause problems. Punctuation marks are known to cause issues .

The Laughingbird Documents folder ought to have 2 files in it. One called Logo Elements and the other Logo Library. The other file is part of the problem. It should be deleted.

8. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Okay, first...the folder /my documents/laughingbird documents should NOT be empty. But it will contain NO graphics! Just two other directories titled /Logo Elements and /Logo Libraries

The directory /My Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Libraries should contain /Logo Templates and /PeoplePak2 and /My Templates. If it contains any other directories that do not show up in the program, it may because they are empty. An empty directory will not show up.

When you first install, then run the program. You are prompted to NAME a file ( which will actually be a folder ) to which your logo work will be saved. This is a working directory. Did you name your 'My Templates' ? If so, that is not a problem! That folder is created in your /My Documents directory. That directory will show ( I think ) even when empty but of course the screen to the right will not show any content. Any logo you start, or load, TLC will prompt you for a name. That logo ( whatever you name it ) will be stored in this directory. There is no SAVE option. It saves automatically while you are working, even if you close the program. If you want to keep your logo, but make a similar one, then load it and do File/Save a version from the top menu. Then close the logo and when your working logos display again, both versions should be shown there. Load the version you want to modify.

When you name a file, are you adding the .png or .jpg to the filename? There is no need to do so. Please don't.

As far as the top logo elements not showing ... are they still on the disk or did they get deleted? Look in the folder /My Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Elements and check a few of the directories there
    ( if there are any ) and see if there are any graphics. Be aware that if the file extension .png or whatever gets CAPPED to .PNG the files WILL NOT show. Only lower case extension files will show.

The fact that you created another folder /MyTemplates(LogoCreator) should have no bearing on anything. If you changed that to your working directory it should work fine, but will only show logo work you have saved in it, not anything saved to the original folder. When you decide that your working folder has to many logos to manage, or you just want to organize your logos, you can rename your working directory to /My Templates(bak) and the next time you start TLC you will be prompted to name a new working folder.

Your video really didn't show us anything useful because half the stuff you were clicking on was off the top of the screen. I did see when your logo elements went blank but I have no idea what you did to cause that. At the point where everything seems to disappear, have you tried simply exiting the program, rebooting the computer and running TLC again? Does everything come back, or do you have to re-install?

Another quick item. You should run TLC with administrative privileges. Right click the TLC icon and select 'Run as Administrator' and see if that solves anything.

Let us know if any of this helps, or if you find another solution. We'll keep thinking on it . . .

gcuneo2 likes this.
  9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Some thoughts...

I just watched the video about a dozen times, and have some ideas....

Without seeing the "splash screen" at the start of the first video, I cant quite tell if the video begins with version 6.6 or 6.8.

There is a different file structure in the beginning, when compared to the image later in the video logo1.JPG

The second menu selection shown in the video: logo 2.JPG

The logo creator isn't that smart when it comes to some things, in particular, it only looks at the laughingbird documents folder for the templates and elements. The menu choices available in the pull down menu shown in the two images above only come from 2 locations: Wherever you choose to store your stuff when you first set up the program, and of course, the directory containing the templates.

Right away, not really being able to see what icons are being used to start the program, I see two totally different installations of the program, the program is opened at the beginning of the video, appears to be working fine, and is closed.

It then appears the program is restarted, but the structure of the Laughingbird documents folder has changed, in particular, the naming of the "My templates" folder has changed.

There only 2 ways I know of making that happen is to have more than one copy of the Laughingbird Documents directory floating around. The second way is the manually edit the system registry. That's a long shot though.

Files in a directory simply do not have the ability to rename themselves randomly.

The laughingbird documents directory needs to be manually deleted. Then use something like CCLeaner to uninstall the main program files.

gunsmoke likes this.
  10. vessie

vessie

Gunsmoke:
    The video showing when I first installed it and ( everything was there).Next I just "exit" and reopened the software and NOTHING was there. Thank you .
    Thank you EVERYONE for your time and your ideas:
    I installed and uninstalled the program maybe 6-7 times, trying different things,every time rebooting the computer ....... nothing!
    Finally,Here is how it was solved:
    I was set as a local account on my computer, and my computer " LENOVO" was the administrator. I made myself administrator as well and installed the software. After that, changed myself to "local account' and it is still working. So turning me as an administration ON solved the issue.
    I would never think it would be an issue, I have very many programs installed, picture editing, video editing , all kind of software..... never experienced any problems.
    Finally, I am ready to create some good stuff :) Thank you all for your time and ideas! ua1.PNG

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  11. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

12. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Glad it worked out vessie! And 'Thank You' for posting back and letting us know!

I just happened to think at the end of all that, that I use software from another company and have had problems with LB. It seems more and more new software requires you to have admin rights. Just something to keep in the back of the mind. Trouble is 'finding' it when you need it. :eek: Good job. :cowboyno: