Logo Creator frustrated

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by chuck9997, Oct 21, 2005.

1. chuck9997

chuck9997

I like the program.. but it is so limited.. I have tried..and tried.. and followed all the instructions here and everywhere.. It's been a year now.. and still I am limited to the fonts that came with the program. I have bought new fonts.. sucessfully installed them on my PC.. but they NEVER SHOW UP in the logo creator.. It's a shame that a nice program is so limited with the same old fonts..and there's no way to add new ones.. Or at least the process apparently is rocket science..

I will never buy another logo creator product.

VERY FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW!

2. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Chuck,

Sorry your having a years worth of problems... Before you jump ship, lets see if we can find out more whats going on.

KD pretty much described what needs to be done.

Are the fonts you download PC fonts? (TT true type?) Those are standard fonts for the PC and if you grabbed a font you like but can't see it, it might have been a Mac font. They have converters out there but you really need to know if it's a PC font or Mac font.

Check out this post and read what Cybernetico wrote
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2987
    :35:

3. Flotsom

Flotsom

'Course I'm on a mac, but I have no problem accessing and using my mac fonts in TLC, Dave. On a mac, where your image shows the tab "Eight Track" mine says "Arial". Also it's the "system fonts" tab that accesses all the fonts that are on my computer. The lower tab accesses the fonts that come with TLC.

Needless to say, I mostly use the "system fonts" as I'm rather fond of my Mac fonts and like their look. That should be where Chuck will find all the fonts he has purchased and installed on his PC.

4. KD-did

KD-did

Fonts installed on a PC will be under "System Fonts".
    1) Download fonts.
    2) unzip fonts
    3) move or copy just the font file to Windows FONT folder.

Attachment shows where fonts should be found when installed to Window's font file.

5. blackknight

blackknight

I am not sure how I can help you. I have been using TLC for quite some time but way back I was looking at some of the free font sites and downloaded the nice ones that said true font and they showed up in my system fonts. Also, I purchased ClickArt750,000 and I downloaded all the fonts I liked again and they saved.; So now I have a huge collection of available fonts and dingbat images. All I did was go to the collection that said true type and they have to match the system you are running whether it is PC or Mac and once you see the ones you like it will ask you to run or save and I believe I pressed run so I could view them and then I pressed download and they went into my system. Now, I am not sure but sometimes after a download like this you may have to reboot(not 100% sure thou) Hope this helps some.

6. blackknight

blackknight

I have one more suggestion to you. I notice that you have only 5 posts but you said you have been having problems for a year. You can't work in a vacuum my friend. This is wonderful software and can do amazing things, very easily and if you have a problem there are people that are willing to help you. You have browsed thru the forum and likely saw many designs that were created using TLC and it is alot of fun when you can make the software do what it was intended to do. Ask questions like you just did but don't give up or get frustrated. The only thing I can't get this software to do is make coffee.