Logo Creator Freezes when using Shapes.db

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by skbryan10, May 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. skbryan10

skbryan10

Whenever I work with the Shapes.db, the application freezes. It happens when I scroll to the right to look at the different shapes. Is there a fix for this? Was running 6.8, then upgraded to v 7. Thanks.

2. KD-did

KD-did

There are many articles about that 4 year old bug. Delete the shapes db file.....then replace with TC7 or look for shapes zip file to replace. I will look for it to attach here in a couple of minutes.Mine has been customizes for my use only....I will look uo the zip file from Glenn.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    snginc and gunsmoke like this.
  3. KD-did

KD-did

If you have V5 on your computer You can copy the shapes folder from earlier versions just fine: copy the old folder, and paste it in the logo elelments folder! BAM! it's that simple, and you have shapes!

Attached Files:

snginc and gunsmoke like this.
  4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

snginc likes this.
  5. skbryan10

skbryan10

Thank you for your assistance.

6. Mike McMichen

Mike McMichen

I have a Mac and this is happening. I have just left it alone because no folders are showing up in Finder. Any suggestions?

7. KD-did

KD-did

The Shapes is a db file which Sierra has a problem with. Plus there was a "bug" in the original Shapes elements. The solution for both Macs abd PC is to Download and replace The Shapes file with shapes png.

Attached Files:

gunsmoke likes this.
  8. Mike McMichen

Mike McMichen

None of the graphics work for me, not just shapes. Maybe I need to delete the program and reinstall???

9. KD-did

KD-did

I am sorry I didn't understand you had more issues than with Shapes. I stayed with El Capitan so I have no issues. Go to your members page and re-download and install the new files which is compatible with Sierra.