Little Logo Help Please

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by traderj, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traderj

traderj

I have been working on a logo for a two merging stores. The new store concept is similar to Lowes & Home Depot, home improvement...just cheaper. I tried to nail down the major categories we are currently selling. Problem is that the new store variety is so wide, it leaves me to question if I should drop this theme altogether and go in a different direction. Any help, comments, or overall concept changes would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Would they allow for shortening the concept? I'm creating a logo for my friend. But the title of the company is too long and makes it difficult to create a good logo. So, I am working on a shorter version of the idea. Examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My suggestion will be that they consider using the shorter idea for their logo, and the full title for other areas where it might me necessary (i.e. Business Cards, Letterhead Stationary, The Check, etc..) The shorter idea still makes the point they are wanting to make in their advertisement (i.e. their fast). I might add the slogan, "Because Where Fast" on the shorter logo title.

3. traderj

traderj

I agree 100%. It seems like I am trying to pour 1 gallon of water into a 1 quart jar. I am looking for something printable, catchy, and easy to remember. I thought about adding "Home Improvement Warehouse" under the logo. I am also not against s****ing the current idea of a circle logo & heading off into an entirely different direction. Any ideas?

4. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Let me make sure I am interpreting the company name correctly. Is the name Trader JS?

5. traderj

traderj

It like trader J's (like possessive...Marck's , Fred's).

6. traderj

traderj

The censored out word is scra-png (nothing vulgar) in other words I dont mind changing directions with the logo.

7. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Yeah, I knew that. No need to apologize. How about an idea like this one? In your case the letters T J would be used and bellow it the title Trader J's, witch a slogan at the bottom.

[​IMG]

8. traderj

traderj

I like that idea. My work with it a little. Looks more in your face yet clean.:image28:

Any more ideas to start the creative juices flowing would be awsome.

9. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

How about a this as a design? You could change the Large J to a T, and the colored text could be any color you wanted, I just threw the idea together from a template.

[​IMG]

10. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Here is another idea.

[​IMG]

11. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

my personnel thought `s is that you should ask black night if he can come up with something for you this kind of graphical concept is right up his street
    he does oldie worldly stuff its amazing
    give him a try he`s a member here

12. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

This concept is a bit difficult. Mainly because the store offers such a variety, that it makes it difficult to pin down a theme. In terms of what I suggested, I really don't think they go that well with the business, in terms of what is on the table so far, traderj's idea was the best one. If the store only offered a single product line (i.e. carpet, tools, or small engine parts), it would have been easier. Plus the color thing, I stick at picking good colors.

13. KD-did

KD-did

Lamo1graphic, I am sure you referring to blackknight....right??????

14. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

oops yes i am sorry type "o" ty kd for being awake and seeing it:image10-1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.