Lining up top and bottom rotated text

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by latenights, Feb 21, 2008.

1. latenights

latenights

I made a logo using top and bottom rotating text, but when I put the text inside a circle the distance all round s not uniform. I have tried playing with rotation and resizing for ages and settled on something close. Take a look at the logo I refer to www.adrat.org/index.html (its not ready yet) to see what I mean. I spent too much time trying to get the text in the top and bottom arc to be uniform inside the circle.

If you could make a top rotated text and then a separate object as a bottom rotated text then at least you would have more chance lining them up inside a circle becasue they don't move together. Is there a better way I dont know about or am I being too fussy?

What do others think?

latenights

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi LN...

This one is easy.

Create two lines of text. The top line will arch like a rainbow. The bottom will curve like a smile.

See if that works for you.

3. latenights

latenights

rotated text

Yep Marc,

Understand that part. But both the top and bottom (rainbow and smile) move together making it difficult to align the distance the text is from the inside diameter of a circle. I want it uniform all the way round. That's not so easy. At least not for me. Take a look at one of my attempts at www.adrat.org/index.html to see what I mean.

LN

4. KD-did

KD-did

I would try doing the text as 2 separate parts instead of both at the same time. Do your first line forming the top. For the second line hit enter/return and start the second of text. Then you can move them independent of each other

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

6. KD-did

KD-did

When your top line of text has more or less characters than you going to have on the bottom try placing dots, stars or some other shape in between. The reason for the 3 colors is to show how working the lines separately can help you get more alignment.

7. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

K D does it again

Thanx again K-D, I've wasted a lot of time, this is a cool time saver

8. py

py