Line running through logo

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by chliol, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chliol

chliol

Can someone take a look at my logo and tell me how to get rid of the lines that run through it.

Thanks for any help.

Maureen

2. chliol

chliol

Actually the lines don't appear when I post here but they do in my web design software and when I trial host the site. So even though you may not see the lines, does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks again,
    Maureen

3. KD-did

KD-did

chliol, before spending time trying to get rid of something that may or may not be there ...why not put the logo up on site and viewing it with different browsers?

What web design software are you using?

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Maureen, it looks like you've exported your Gif as a transparent Gif with a black background.

Looks like the color you chose to be transparent was also the color that was supposed to be where the white stripe (yes, I see it) is.

Make sense?

Try creating the logo over a similar, but different color. Dark grey perhaps. Then choose the dark grey to be the transparent color.

- Marc

5. chliol

chliol

Thanks!

Katie & Marc,

Thank you both.

Katie - I am using WebStudio. I tried opening in Netscape and IE. It was still the same.

Marc - you put me on the right track. I simply saved it as a jpg and voila! No lines. (I will try your suggestions but this worked for now so.....yahoo!).

:spaz:
    Maureen

6. Shelly

Shelly

Here it is as a .Gif

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.