Line color

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Stonebridge, May 11, 2006.

1. Stonebridge

Stonebridge

Probably a real simple question for someone, but it is driving me NUTS! I've created the logo I want. Text is black and I've added a line between the two words of the logo. I want the line to be RED, like the color it turns when you select it! I've clicked it, selected colors, etc, but when I click back off it, IT"S STILL BLACK!

Hopefully, I'm just dull and someone has a real simple answer about what I'm doing wrong!

Thanks!

2. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

Black images in TLC could not be re-colored.

Here is a line which you can re-color. Just right-click on image and download it to any of your TLC logo artwork sub-folder.

Attached Files:

3. KD-did

KD-did

There is a couple of ways to approach a work around. Both require doing the text as two parts...The first is to write your text in the font and color you want and leave an empty space where you want a line. After you have your text in place use the underscore key to make a line then size and color it as you need and drag it into place. If it isn't long enough you can duplicate it until it is the desired length. Being it isn't necessary to use the same fomt you can use the font "Impact" to make your line using the underscore key.

The other method is to use a line element from TLC and to put a shadow on it of your desired color , adjust the radius of the blur to 1 or 0 and fade the line element away until it is no longer visable.

4. EagleWing

EagleWing

I've just discovered this reply. I'd like to point out that it doesn't just apply to line elements. I got really frustrated while making my first Logo because I was using a scanned black and white picture element. I tried everything, including trying to colour it in PSP. Then I was playing around with Shadow and discovered that by creating a coloured shadow and taking the opacity of the original to zero I could have my picture any colour I wanted. Great stuff!!

Frank
    :number:

5. KD-did

KD-did