Learn how to create a custom library of your own graphics!

Discussion in 'Tips and tricks' started by gcuneo2, May 1, 2014.

1. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

2. LibbyWriter

LibbyWriter

Hi I would like you to share these steps. Here if possible thanks.

Libby

3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

In case no one else has said anything Libby, Welcome to the forum!
    [welcome1]

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Now that about the custom libraries was made using version 6.0, but still works fine...

5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

:homer:
    She wanted you to list the steps Glenn. I couldn't find your old post. Short on time today.

6. LibbyWriter

LibbyWriter

Hi thank you for the welcome Gunsmoke:)

Yes that is what I was hoping for the steps please on how to do custom libraries. thanks

Libby

7. KD-did

KD-did

Add a named folder to the Logo Elements file with your .pngs images in it . Once file is there then it will appear in the drop down menu.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  8. LibbyWriter

LibbyWriter

Hi,

forgive me I am new to this entire software, can you tell me where I would look at in order to find that logo elements file please? thanks so much

Libby

9. KD-did

KD-did

Documents (or My Documents )>>>>Laughingbird Documents>>>>Logo Elements :a star:

10. LibbyWriter

LibbyWriter

Hi,

thank you so very much!!! Will this also work for the dingbat fonts, and vector images too as long as I am putting them into a folder then in that section? I thank you so much for your help with these steps much appreciate it.

Libby

11. KD-did

KD-did

system fonts.jpg system fonts.jpg text format.jpg NEW Fonts are ALWAYS installed to your system font folder.Emedded fonts are part of the program and you need not worry about them .Only images are stored in Logo Elements folder.PNG images are preferred...jpg and swfs.

12. LibbyWriter

LibbyWriter

Hi,
    Okay now I am a bit confused. In The embed fonts I see you have the action women? So are those dingbat fonts then?
    if not how do we get them?

Also where would I install vector business people images then in the Elements folder section too? thanks and sorry I am really new:)

Libby

13. KD-did

KD-did

Embedded fonts is showing NO name...you are seeing Action woman fonts which is in the system font folder ...see where it shows UNDER the fonts name???.And yes they are a DINGBAT font.Embedded fonts are licensed fonts to TLC.

14. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

One thing to keep in mind. Actually, several things ...

If you create a folder in your /My Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Elements/ directory, and it is EMPTY, then it will not show up in the list. It must have at least 1 graphic before it will show up. You'll have to exit TLC and restart it for it to show.

Also, make sure the file extension is lower case ( .png .jpg ) and NOT UPPER CASE ( .PNG .JPG ) as upper case extensions will not be displayed!

About fonts ... there are several sites you can go to to get FREE fonts. http://www.fontastico.com/

Any font you install to your computer will be available to TLC! Cool huh? :cowboyno: