Latest logo Need Opinions

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by DHS, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHS

DHS

Thanks to all for the help on my DHS logo. I'm working on this new one, wanted to get some opinions from the gang here. Tell me what you think.

2. Gravy

Gravy

Very nice, is this for a banner?
    The purple in palace video kind of blends with the background and makes you have to look closely. Maybe the edges around the font could be defined to make it stand out a little more. I'm thinking like Shelly's tutorial of duping the text in a lighter color and placing it behind. My eyes are'nt what they used to be and it may just be me. I think I would also move the "where the past" phase down ever so slightly, don't know why but it seems to need it.
    Hope this helps but maybe others will have different opinions.

3. blackknight

blackknight

I tend to agree with Gravy. I am kinda partial to black but I think something lighter for the stars around the palace, something more natural. Too much purple but the lettering is fine. I like your concept, just keep tweeking it a bit and see what you come up with. I'm thinking your white highlights that you have in three places around the lettering should be above and to the right, what do you think? Overall, nice work!
    Blackknight :artist:

4. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

not to be a smartass, but i think you used a picture of the TajMahal right? and altough it has the allure of a palace, it is actually a grave monument for the decised wife of the maharadja who build it as a tribute to her ... in that light it might not be the most appropriate choise for a videostore?
    Anywho :1big hug:

5. DHS

DHS

Thanks All

It actually looks better on a white back drop.

And as far as the Image used, I understand what you are saying , but the video store has used that palace as there logo for 20 yrs, so I don't have a choice as to the image used. But thanks for the heads up.

6. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

i guess gravy hit all the nicks, just a bit drop on the "past" verse and a white backdrop and it will be smooth...good luck

7. Ultimate

Ultimate

I dont like the typeface because that is a bit hard to read being a fancy typeface design. the colors really dont pop off the black background.

The design is fine just maybe a different font or a bit of a color change to have everything stand out from the background.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.