Large size AND High Resolution - HELP!

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by freudian-sli, Sep 20, 2007.

1. freudian-sli

freudian-sli

Greetings from Texas! I love TLC and have used it for years. But right now I have a first-time crisis.

My client is having a banner printed with his logo on it. So, the print size AND the resolution needs to be high.

I have boosted the canvas dimensions, the export resolution and scaled the logo as high as TLC will let me. What I wind up with is a 1000 dpi image that's 2" wide. When I cut the dpi to 300 and boost the print size to 12" wide in Photoshop, some elements are still looking pretty jagged.

How do I get a print size of about 12" at about 600 dpi while still maintaining the integrity of the image? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

2. KD-did

KD-did

The absolute best results would be from having the file converted to EPS (vector) file format for printing.

3. Randy...

Randy... Guest

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Oops...Ms. KD beat me to it.

5. freudian-sli

freudian-sli

Thanks. Is there anything else I can do to help it along? Can we get a decent print job without converting it to a vector? Is there a way to get the logo print size larger than the 2" ?

Thanks all!

6. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hi Paul, if you need a high resolution banner that has sharp graphics then you need to get your TLC artwork converted into a vector format so it can be scaled up in size without loss of quality.

Edit by Doc Oops beaten to the punchline that will teach me to refresh the page before clicking submit

7. KD-did

KD-did

Somebody you know has Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator and convert the files easily.

8. freudian-sli

freudian-sli

I have both... do I just do "save-as"?

9. KD-did

KD-did

You should be good to go with "save as". It will look very small to you but the printer will be able to enlarge it easily.

10. freudian-sli

freudian-sli

So, what do I save as? EPS?

Thanks!

11. KD-did

KD-did

Yes. It is usually best to use a TLC .png export to convert.

12. freudian-sli

freudian-sli

Possible Success!

Thanks so much, everyone.

After some hair-pulling research, I took my logo into Flash CS3 Professional and did a Trace Bitmap process and I am FLOORED with the results.

Will let you know the final outcome.

Thanks again. Crossing my fingers!

Paul

13. smokeypeacoc

smokeypeacoc

Go Over It Again.

Hi there.

I have been reading the last thread with interest. it would appear that you cannot save the image as a vector straight from logo creator, is that correct. Now bearing in mind that professional print is done at 2400dpi there is a problem.

Can you explain how best to have a logo creator image changed exported then changed into a vector image.

Also if i did this the whole image would be a vector. Is there ay way to save as a meta file so the components can be changed elsewhere.

I think its a great programme but slightly restrictive.

Being able to save as a vector or meta file would be superb...

Your help please..

14. Randy...

Randy... Guest

You can use this service to have your images changed into vector format.

www.logo2vector.com

Thanks for your suggestions concerning saving to vector format. I can only assume that there may be high costs to making that a function, a cost that would price the software out of reach for some users.

15. smokeypeacoc

smokeypeacoc

Vector

Thanks Randy.

Not really sure it answered my question though.

If you have the time can you please advise how to create high quality vector images from TLC.

I followed the link below which had no information on it at all.

Ta Mike

16. Randy...

Randy... Guest

TLC is not a vector rendering tool.

17. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hi Mike, you cannot create vector images directly from TLC, what you can do is export a high quality bitmap (preferably a .png file) and convert the bitmap to a vector using one of the many available programs (I use Xara Xtreme) or your other option is to have someone convert it for you.

18. BNDAZ

BNDAZ

I thought i would post in this thread as i have a print size issue.
    I want to have a sign printed at 24"x36". Black and white, text only, and the printer wants either a .JPG or PDF.( at staples).

USing office i am limited to 22" height and width, so i though logo creator might work.

What do i need to set in LC in order to create this JPG, or create a file that i can convert to PDF?
    Thank you much !