Language pack

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by ACS, Apr 21, 2007.

1. ACS

ACS

Hi,

Over here in Norway we have all this funny Scandinavian letters. Like the o with a slash through it and the a with a circle on top...^^

My question is - Why doesn't this products support foreign languages?

That would be more easy for us if we could cut and paste one of our funny letters into the logos!

:image25:

Best regards,
    Alex

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Which Laughingbird software are you talking about Alex?
    If you mean The Logo Creator then you can get get accented characters (assuming the font being used supports them) by typing <ALT>+number from numerical keypad, sorry I do not know the codes for your accented characters but as an example <ALT>+171 produces ½. If you mean other software like Flash Ad Creator then yes a number of members have asked for this to be added to future releases.

3. ACS

ACS

I use the Corporate edition and I try what you say but nothing happends.

Also I try to update the product but it doesn't work. When I press on the Corporate pack there is nothing there. Only in the Corporate edition I can find some logos and at my templates that I made.

It is really to bad that I can't cut & paste one of my local letters into the logos. That gives a hudge limitation to the use of this great software for europeans like me.

:image02:

Best regards,
    Alex

4. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Sorry to hear it will not work for you Alex, see the image below where I pasted a few letters with accents into a logo without any problem. Are you sure the font you were using had accented characters?

Regarding the empty Corporate Pack folder, this was left in the installation in error - the Corporate logos are in the Corporate Edition folder as you spotted.

Attached Files:

• acs.png
      acs.png
      File size:
      29 KB
      Views:
  5. KD-did

KD-did

Try a different font because it just might be a font issue because the foundry didn't add foreign characters. From past experience I generally find that system fonts work more often than not. In some cases adding a zero to the beginning of the code number helps.

I would love to have cut and paste abilities too.

One thing you might want to try is using another program to do your text especially if it has "Word Art"capabilities and just import the prepared text into your design.

6. ACS

ACS

I did it!!!

Greetings,

I finally figure it out...^^ :image28:

I needed to set the keyboard to write Norwegian letters and not english one's. The problem is fixed and I am over happy that I finally got around to put Norwegian letters into the logos!!!

Thank's for the help + support!

Continue to Stay Cool++

:image23:

Total respect,
    Alex

7. Doc

Doc Staff Member

That is great news ACS, best of luck with your logos :image28: