Keeping font attributes intact and canvas dimensions.

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by BNDAZ, Jul 30, 2005.

1. BNDAZ

BNDAZ

Maybe its a bit early for me to be making feature requests: )

BUT the first thing i noticed is that when i can add a piece of text in a certain font but when i then change the text in the textbox and click "add" , TLC defaults the font back back in format. It would be nice if it stayed at the last font rather than having to open the font dialog again.

I alos noticed that the canvas size can only be adjusted by pixels, Any thought about adding a standard inch measurement to that adjustment?

2. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

There's a way around it; select, copy , paste the text you already have in the right fonttype, then select again and change text. click use this. nou your new text has the same font. Not ideal but better then changeing the font everytime.
    MD

3. KD-did

KD-did

BNDAZ, if you want to add more text with the same effects try this trick. Use "Duplicate element" (which is under modify)...when the text appears just backspace and write the additional text you want. The effects stay in place but you can resize and drag to where you want it.

4. BNDAZ

BNDAZ

GREAT idea ! Thanks

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

KD, you took the words right out of my mouth! :)

You can use the MODIFY - duplicate menu command, or hit Ctrl+D (for Windows) or Command+D (for Mac).

This will duplicate your current text in the same font, size, color and rotation! Then - change the text and you're good to go!

:banana

6. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Isn't that the same thing i suggested? only a lot more elequent.
    MD