keeper or trash?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by jjack, Feb 27, 2004.

1. jjack

jjack

Here is another that I have done up. I haven't sold myself on this one yet. I like my last one the best but friends and family like this better. What do you think?
    Julia

2. jjack

jjack

Oops! Here ya go.

3. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Getting better. I still liked the color combo and style of the last one. If Woodcreek is one word then drop the cursive "C" and center the "W" in the circle. No need for the "C". And see how this logo will look in solid colors with no gradient. mmmkay.

great Jorb!

4. jamirae

jamirae

Yes, this one is good, but I agree with Borpean... I like that first one best, did you try any changes with the circle from that firs one you posted?

5. jjack

jjack

I agree. I think this one looks like a wine bottle label. I've been waiting for someone to say that. Maybe it's just me.
    Anyway, I did try a couple of different things with the circle in the other one. I haven't come up with anything yet. I find that it makes the whole logo look too busy and takes away from the name too much. I'll keep trying but for some reason I really like the way it looks now. Clean and no clutter.
    Julia

6. LogoCreek

LogoCreek

Julia

I like the look of the first one.

the color combo and the font work really well together

- Erik
    www.LogoCreek.com

7. Hexastar

Hexastar

May I ask what type of Consulting business it is? Maybe we can all help better knowing what products and services you will be offering and give some suggestions. I really like the first one best and agree with Erik on the color combo.

8. RegalBeagle

RegalBeagle

This has the potential to be a very classy logo. Firstly, I would 86 the spherical element in the background. It contradicts the box-like format and really adds nothing to the visual. Although I like the scripted-look of this, the font used is one that is a bit over-used. Also, the font used for the company name is VERY badly aligned and spaced. I'm not sure how much control you have over kerning in TLC, but I would either try fixing this or try a better font. I like your choice of the de-saturated maroon color though. Classy choice if you find an equally classy compliment - like a beige.

9. Varacolaci

Varacolaci

just a couple of ideas

10. Varacolaci

Varacolaci

the other.. idea

11. jjack

jjack

Thanks. I like the first one the best.
    I have tried forests, trees and creeks, etc. but never thought of this. They look great.

12. chaka42

chaka42

i like what your doing so far...but get rid of the bevels, embossing, and gradients. keep it simple. you have to think about how it's going to get reproduced. is it a 4-color logo, or will it be spot?

13. RegalBeagle

RegalBeagle

The wood is completely distracting and contradictory to the free-flowing script font. Keep working on the original idea...

14. logochick

logochick

I agree with RBeagle, go back to what you were doing. It was a nice thought, but there is no need to put emphasis on the "wood" portion any more than the need to put emphasis on the "creek" portion. What does this company do?