Justification and Color Help

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Bel, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Bel

Bel

I just upgraded to 3.6v and I really like it. I do have a few problems that I need some help with. I am making a business card and have issues with:

1. Justification: Right, Center, & Left. When try to use the justifaction they seem to send my logo or font in various different places with no pattern. How do I use the justifacation feature properly.

2. Center to Canvas: I select this feature and it places the logo in the center of the canvas, than I select font and center it to canvas and it sets it somewhere else??

3. Color: I try to change to color of words on my business card from the original green gradient color to black, after selecting black and done the word disappears. I go back and check the color and the white color box is selected, please advise. Nothing I can't work around but it get pretty annoying.

Thanks,
    Bel
    belshaddad@yahoo.com :confused:

2. Bel

Bel

I figured out number 3. issue with color still stumped on using the Justification features and centering feature.

Thanks,
    Bel

3. gzusnme

gzusnme

How did you fix your color issue?, because I have the same problem all the time trying to change colors in my designs.

4. Bel

Bel

Bryan:
    When chaning the color be sure to pay close attention to select the color with the droplet type icon. The colors have white thin borders around them and if you are off by a little bit the droplet selects the white border and turns your logo or font to white. I also do not double click the mouse after selecting just to play it safe I hit enter, that was my original work around. Let me know if that works for you.

Good Luck,
    Bel
    belshaddad@yahoo.com

5. gzusnme

gzusnme

So far that has seemed to work, thanks for the tip! I hope it continues to work successfully!

6. gzusnme

gzusnme

Oh Well, should have known that was way too easy of a solution, my color change woes continue!!AAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

7. Bel

Bel

Really, hate to hear that. I just designed a business card logo and it happened a couple of times but I think I was moving to fast and hit the white line. I will keep you posted I find anything else.

Bel
    belshaddad@yahoo.com

8. KD-did

KD-did

Are both of you using 3.6.1.? Which template/s or element from what edition are being a problem?

The only thing I use "justification" for is for centering on canvases where I have set the dimensions. RT and LT justifications keep the element on the same plain but moves theelement to right or left of center.

See if you can do a save while object /text is colored the way you want. I got into the habit saving as I go because the power use to be pretty iffy here.

9. Bel

Bel

Katie:
    hello again, yes I am using 3.6.1, my logo is a text elelment. While creating a business card any new text element I was adding is in the generic green grad. so when I would add example: "Main Phone" and go to color to change it to black it would dissapear. I would go back in and into color and look at the palette the coloe selected would be white , i would select black and enter. I think it is the fine white line/box around the colors if you are off a little and select it the element turns white. Let me know what you think. Also and advice on how to use the Justification and Center would be great.

Thanks a ton,
    Bel

10. KD-did

KD-did

It is so easy to accidentily drag the eyedropper to a different color . I also found that sometimes when I an tense or concentrating very heavily I inadvertinly squeeze the side buttons of my" intellimouse optical" mouse and it does an undo of what I just did :00 and that is with most any program or I am all of a sudden looking at a page I had been on previously.

11. Bel

Bel

Gotcha, Agreed. I my color problems seem to be solved and I am starting to get the hang of the basics. This is all new to me, never delt with graphics, art.... so it is all a learning process. Greatful for the forum it comes in really handy. Can you explain the justification feature I use it and it puts my element in random places?

Bel

12. KD-did

KD-did

Bel, as stated above I only use it when I am using a custom sized canvas....when I want to be sure that I am centered. The Right and Left justifacation .. any object clicked on is cenetered for the canvas and moved to the right or left edge of center. For the most part I drag my images to where I want them. Some might find it useful when layering images .

13. Bel

Bel

Okay Got it, I was taking the element and moving it than I would decide to justify if here or there. I think I have it working now, thank you agian. I am sure you will be hearing from me by the end of the day with a new question.

Thanks, sorry I missed it in your previous message.

Bel

14. KD-did

KD-did

No problem ...The one thing I remember from being new to TLC was locating the how to information and that is why I hope to get "Hints and How to " full of information all in one place.

15. gzusnme

gzusnme

my color problems

I'm also using the newest version. I have the same problems with many different elements, for example right now I am trying to change the outline color of some text from white to brown. I go to outline and click on the brown...sometimes the outline image on the screen will turn brown, but then when I hit the done button, it reverts back to white, other times I will stay brown as long as I hold the mouse button down, but as soon as I release the button it reverts back to white also. On other designs I've had to shut down and restart the program 15-20 times in a row until it will let me change the color correctly. Bugs such as this make a somewhat simple program like TLC a nightmare, especially when you are working on something with a deadline!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

16. KD-did

KD-did

Bryan, TLC is a resource user big time....what other applications are you also running? Are you using a cordless mouse or keyboard that maybe draining your resources? I really don't think an intermitten problem points to any buggyness in TLC...but to something else going on. Things like a less than perfect download, a bad sector or going bad sector on the harddrive or a drain on resources.

I know of 1 template with 1 element that refuses to color and The coloration issue is consistant. To pinpoint issues it is important to be specific.

Have you considered an uninstall and fresh installation? Many things can affect downloads...heavy traffic on the download site, noise on telephone and cable lines, packet size on some of the earlier satellite broadband and even weather.