jpg vs transparent png

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by saratojo, Jul 13, 2007.

1. saratojo

saratojo

I create beautiful logos - just what i want - and save them. Then I export them as jpg's and the results are perfect. Then I save them as transparent png's to use on web sites - that's what the site owner wants. Trouble is, the transparent png's are awful. The white backgrounds of the underlying image files show through. (I have tried "removing white background" from the software without it being any help in the end result.) The transparent gifs are basically unusable. why is it the jpg's look perfect while the transparent png's don't?
    :image24:
    J

2. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Can you please post the image you are referring to? Or a sample if you cannot post the logo.
    PNG's are not supported by most browsers as of yet.

3. saratojo

saratojo

Attached are the underlying image, the jpg from export, the png from export.

Odd, they look fine here.
    Not sure what's happening.
    The png looks awful in my image viewer.

Attached Files:

4. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

They look fine here because they have a white background. If you view it with a black background, the bird has a lot of white pixels that need to be cleaned up.

5. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

I see the problem.. Chris is correct. I might have a solution but will have to get back to you. Unless someone else finds a solution first. Is TLC the only image software you have?