JPG image (scanned)

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by cali9dub, May 22, 2007.

1. cali9dub

cali9dub

I did a drawing and then scanned the image and saved it as a JPG. When I import it into TLC i cannot get rid of the white strip behind the picture even when using the "remove white background" option. Any ideas on how to just get the image and not the small white square that surrounds it (which looks like a scan of the paper itself).

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

When you scanned your image did you have the option of saving it as a transparent gif or png file instead of jpg? If so this will give you an image without the background. If not your jpg scan can be converted to one of these formats, so if you post your pic here I or one of the other staff could convert it for you.

3. cali9dub

cali9dub

I didn't have that option, but here is the pic.

Attached Files:

4. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Here you are your pic made transparent, the original is a bit ragged though

Attached Files:

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I might add that if you plan on making this pic larger, you'll probably find that it will lose it's quality very rapidly and not look very good.

6. cali9dub

cali9dub

It is a bit raggedy because it is hand drawn ...Thanks for the help however, I might need to invest in a program to create these on a computer instead of on paper. Thanks again !!

7. wongard

wongard

What do you need to convert a picture you have, whether it be a jpg, bmp etc to a transparent background?

Thanks
    Peter

8. Doc

Doc Staff Member

You can use many different graphics programs to load your jpg or bmp image into, then if your image has a plain background you can simply export it as a transparent png or gif......................now the big BUT :image10-1:
    If your image is on a white background and also contains white sometimes the white in your image gets removed too and in cases like these I trace round the image copy it and paste it on to a transparent background before saving it.

9. wongard

wongard

Thanks Doc. Being somewhat illiterate in this field can u recommend a program for me to dabble with?

10. KD-did

KD-did

A well rated FREE image editor for PC's is Paint.net. Follow the link.

About.com: http

11. wongard

wongard

i'll try that thanks