jagged font

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by toddgoings, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddgoings

toddgoings

Hi I am trying to make my 1st logo. I am using one from corp 2 (the one with a blur and yellow ball with orange/yellow text) and the font type sandoval is very jagged and I cant fix it.Maybe its a dpi prob but I think I have fixed that anyways if you can help I will try anything
    thanks Todd

2. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Easy to fix: choose different font....(you said anything!)
    :beer:

3. Flotsom

Flotsom

Hi Todd!

Well you stumped me with this one ... blur, yellow ball, & orange yellow text in Corporate 2 ...

Could you post the sample? I couldn't find anything that matched that description, and when I checked TLC's fonts, I didn't find Sandoval. Was that the font in the sample? Or is that one you found in System fonts?

Also, are you on a PC or Mac? That'll help me, especially if Sandoval is a System Font. System fonts are the ones that are in your word processor as opposed to a TLC font. They all should work, but it'll help to know what you started with.

Thanks,
    flot

P.S. Welcome to the forum! :)

4. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

i had the exact same thing what version are you using ...(and are u sure its TLC?)
    :joker:

5. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

he means this one

this is the one he is talking about

:WOW1: my favorite sample too.

6. Flotsom

Flotsom

Well that's most interesting! ... When I load that sample, the text changes from the font that's showing (in the sample - same as your thumbnail, Cybrnetico) to Arial! I'll have to ask Marc about that. Unfortunately, as a result I can offer no suggestions since I don't apparently have it. !?! Curious!

Do you have trouble with that font? Perhaps you can help Todd out?

Thanks,
    flot

7. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

Outline option

export the logo as a jpg and try to post it here to see where the problem is. It might be the outline around the font that causes the jagged look.

8. MODCreations

MODCreations

CE2_Half orb = Yellow Orb
    CE2_Left Orb = Blue Orb
    System Font/Sandoval=Font

thats all the parts to that logo Templatehope this helps. Mike :artist:

9. toddgoings

toddgoings

this is great forum and i appreciate all of your imput. guess another font may be in order.

10. KD-did

KD-did

Or what you might do...is to take the text to its largest stage before it gets jagged, do an export and then import it back increase the size of the imported element.

The only time I have seen problems with fonts and font effects is when my resources were stretched too thin.

You could also see if you have better luck with downloading Sandoval and installing it to your systems font folder.http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=1153

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.