I've re-designed my business site

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by Ohiosweetie, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Ohiosweetie

Ohiosweetie

using TLC.

For DAYS I've been wracking my brain, trying to figure out what kind of "look" I wanted. I got tired of my old "look", and wanted something new, non-traditional for a forum design site, and "fun". I've been trying to find a woman at a computer, but no such luck.

Then I figured I'd take a stroll through my TLC. While there's not a woman at a computer, I think I came up with the next best thing! So far I've just done by homepage, which isn't really finished yet, but finished enough for a look-see. Next will be the site's forum. I'm having fun!!!

have a look - Themes by Design

2. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Had a look and it looks nice ohiosweetie, Simple,stylish, bold with a cute mascot.
    Now don't go clutter up the rest of your site with to manny graphics, keep the clean look.

By the way i thought that the next best thing from a woman at a computer would be...a man at the computer(?)
    :image31:MD

3. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hiya Peggy. Good to see you around here again. It looks as if you are off to a great start. Let us know when it is completed so we can have another look see.

4. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

love it ,can you not give the header a glass look!!!!!!!maybe?

5. Ohiosweetie

Ohiosweetie

Thanks y'all!

Lamo, I'm not good at that yet :(

6. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Have a look around the forum there are some good posts on how to do a glass effect.
    these are mine:mmm...pretty..."glassy" and Jellybean
    Have a go and see what happens.
    MD

7. Ohiosweetie

Ohiosweetie

I looked at both... I'm afraid I don't "get it". I mean I see how to do it starting at the beginning of an image. But the header is finished, and I don't understand how I can add a glassy look to it now, unless I take it apart and start over.

*sigh*

8. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

You don't have to...
    Not like your header needs it, but if you wanted to you could achive the "glass look" with TLC.
    MD

9. Ohiosweetie

Ohiosweetie

I'm going to try it this morning. I'm really wanting it now, lol

10. Ohiosweetie

Ohiosweetie

Well, I tried. over and over. Got frustrated and quit. :( I just can't do the glass look.

11. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

well all you have too do is copy md`s tutorial but make your shape the bar shape and that should work

what is the size of your header?

12. Ohiosweetie

Ohiosweetie

1847 x 135

Perhaps I'll try again tomorrow, lol. If I can't get it, I'll just do a little extra "shininess" with inner bevels.