I've Arrived!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by flex22, Oct 12, 2007.

1. flex22

flex22

:announ:
    Hello,

I purchased the sport logo creator the other day in order to create images for a Rugby site.Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any specific rugby images, which kind of surprised me considering it is a major (world) sport.I feel a tad disappointed.However I really do like the software overall as it is especially useful for someone like me who can't be bothered becoming an expert at Photoshop before creating great looking images. :image07-1:

I'm glad this forum is here (I already have a question to post), so I'll get on and make use of it and I look forward to interacting with you guys.

Thanks!

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Flex!
    Welcome to the forum.

The Logo Creator was meant to be as flexible as possible. You can always import your own Rugby images!

Check out a site like http://www.clipart.com or Google images (careful on the copyrights of the graphics!).

Then - choose FILE > IMPORT image into The Logo Creator.

This way, you can switch out a template image with your own.

... here, I've imported an image from Clipart.com into one of the SportsPak logo templates (see below)

Hope this helps some!

- Marc

Attached Files:

3. flex22

flex22

Thanks for the swift reply and the example Birdy (I'll call you that for short if you don't mind).

Clipart looks good, although it is an extra expense and it is easy to run up costs in design.One has to weigh up the investment against the return, as I'm sure you know.It's just a matter of getting that balance right.As someone with high standards it's sometimes all too easy for me to let costs spiral in pursuit of my ideal vision.This is why I took time considering whether or not to invest in your software.I believe my decision to invest is the right one and that it will pay dividends. :image16-1:

Of course I also do fully appreciate that you can't put every possible image into your software package, so I thank you for offering your suggestions.It feels good to know that you are on hand to offer support and answer questions effectively and in good time.

Are clipart images always safe to use once you've payed for your subscription?

Thanks again :image28:

4. KD-did

KD-did

Usage rules will vary from one clip art site to another. Be sure to read the usage rules.You maybe able to find images which are "public domain" or "open source" and they are usually offered for free.:) Sites like http://www.wpclipart.com/

Another clip art site you may want to check out is:
    http://www.graphicsfactory.com/

5. flex22

flex22

Thanks for the links KD-did.Very useful!