1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Is there any tutorial for the new Web Graphics Creator

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by gannboy, Nov 10, 2006.

1. gannboy

gannboy

Hi Marc,

Can I know if there any tutorial provided to use the new updated web graphics creator?

It will be helpful if there is as I believe many new users would love such a feature.. It actually cut short our learning curve and see results fast...

Some suggestions of video tutorial.

1) Video to show us how to create a ecover from scratch

2) Video to show how to create page headers like the ones in most clickbank.com websites.

3) Videos to show us the rest of the features of this new software.

That's all for the moment.

Thanks and look forward for your reply.

Regards,
    Eddy

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Gannboy.
    Good to hear from you again.

Yes, I've created a few tutorials on the main Web Graphics site:
    http://www.webgraphicscreator.com/tutorials.html

You should see the page header tutorial there as well.
    Creating a page header is fairly straight forward. You can choose one of the templates in the Art Center. Stretch the canvas to be more rectangular ... and modify the template with your own text and/or images.

See the image below for a quick example.

Video? Great idea!
    I've been in contact with the folks at Lynda.com :D

-Marc

Attached Files:

3. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Yes videos are great ideas for all software. I have done video tutorials before and people loved them. I think it makes learning alot easier.

4. Doc

Doc Staff Member

I agree that video tutorials are the best way to learn new software. Xara make great use of these and even their users produce 'home made' tutorials. I am sure that if some were produced for Marcs software range they would demonstrate just how easy the products are to use.

5. sonquita

sonquita

New Post - Web Graphic Creator

Hi!

I've posted several times in the forum, but always as a reply to an existing quote because I cannot for the life of me figure out how to start a new thread... so I guess that is question #1 - How to you do a "new post"?

#2 I bought the Web Graphics Creator a few months ago. After much trial and error I'm finally at a point that I have a 3D e-cover that I like created. My current stumbling blocks are:

a) How to a get a nice crisp, clear image. Mine looks fuzzy. Any tutorials on playing with DPI or pixel ratios?

b) I've attempted to save the final image for use on my website. When I click on the camera icon there is no place to add the extension that I want (.jpg, gif. png...). So, how do I save the final image? How do I play with the size so that my webdesigner gets the file she needs?

I think that is it for now.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sonia M. Miller
    sonia@successforthesoul.com
    www.successforthesoul.com

6. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hi Sonia to start a new thread see the pic below (click on the picture to a bigger view)

Attached Files:

7. sonquita

sonquita

Thanks for the word on starting a new thread. Would still love help with exporting a 3d image (see post above) and crystalizing resolution so it looks beautiful rather than grainy/pixely.

Thanks,
    Sonia

p.s. I've gone through all the tutorials I can find to address these questions first. Maybe I'm missing something?

8. jstc

jstc

Hi Sonia,
    This is James. I just bought the Website Creator myself, and I think I am having the same trouble as you. My images and text are not very sharp. If anyone solves your problem, I would be happy to know the solution as well.
    Also, I would like to know if there is a step by step tutorial - say on making ecovers. What they have on the site is very brief.
    Thank you,
    James

9. sonquita

sonquita

Hi James,

In all honesty, my experience with the software has not been a smooth or easy one. I bought it because it was supposed to be so fast and easy. And I bought it to save money from having to pay others to for this service. I'm getting close to giving up and possibly asking for a refund.

My experience is that using the software is not an intuitive process. (And I'm not new to computers or learning software.)

If I get a clear answer, or figure it out. I'll let you know. The tutorials I've found appear to be very brief, as well. Maybe I'm missing something???? Anyone out there? More in depth tutorials? How to get clear images vs. fuzzy ones? How to successfull export a final 3d image?

10. Zipper

Zipper

Hi Songquia, welcome to the forum. For a tutorial go to this link and you will find a step by step guide for making ecovers.

http://www.webgraphicscreator.com/Cool_eCovers.html

If you are saving your image as a jpeg and using this for your cover, it should be sharp.

The best way I've found to learn this, or any software, is to practice, practice, practice...

Hope this helps...

11. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Sonia and James, one thing that has a major effect on the image quality is the size of the source image. If you use a small source image and the program has to stretch it to size then the output will be very pixelated. See the image below - the 'small' pic was about half the size it needed to be so it became pixelated when stretched to size. The big image was about the right size and as a result is much sharper. hth

Attached Files:

12. mcgillis

mcgillis

wow james and sonia I am having the same problems and I just got the software 2 days ago and I am already pulling out my hair.

yes I am a software guy who does well with complex programs and this has be .... oh well

Darrin
    1-310-499-1352

Anyhelp on a ebook I can read on how to work this software?

13. jstc

jstc

Ebook cover

Thanks for the reply Doc.

Can you tell me how do we get the edges of the book in
    a perfect straight line, ie., no jagged edges?
    Which is preferable - to save as JPEG, or GIF or BMP so
    that the pictures and text are sharp.
    Also, how do I get a sharp picture on an A4 sized page.
    Many thanks
    james

14. ngb222

ngb222

I am so dissapointed in this product. I use and love the logo creator, but those supposed "tutorials" for this product, are just sales pitches.
    I have been trying to create on good e-cover for an author who send me the predone excellent quality graphics and I have not been able to figure this whole program out, and I am fairly savy with software.
    I even ran through the entire old stuff that guy created and I am still out of luck for specific questions I need answered, there is NO MANUAL, so you shouldn't even say you have one.
    I am upset right now.
    This is so frustrating.
    I have created covers in all of the sections, but they all have various flaws, that I need help with. I wish you guys would create a step by step tutorial on importing, exporting, and how to get a book looking side panel, stuff like that.
    Not happy at all with this right now.

15. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Ng.

I'm sorry to hear this.
    What seems to be the trouble?

Are you creating an eCover in the 3D section? Or are you trying to create a 'spinning' cover?

This tutorial (LOL, not a sales pitch! A tutorial to help you along)... should help with importing your image, putting it onto a 3D model, and exporting it.

http://www.webgraphicscreator.com/Cool_eCovers.html

Click the small camera icon at the bottom right of your 3D canvas to export your image. Choose "Jpeg". If a dialog box appears telling you your graphic may be too big - simply say "okay" and continue.

Let me if this helps some NGB!

Marc

16. ngb222

ngb222

Thanks Mark, I finally figured out how to get what I needed for that day, but I have to tell you, those tutorials,are not very helpful. It be much better if you just did a step by step creation from start to finish, and not using one of the art centers creation.
    Then show the process all the way to the end,and how to export it, at least to your desktop. I had to spend lots of time playing with it and searching threads and reading the old ebook cover creator thread to even understand some of the buttons.
    Also there does not seem to be any real manual, where you can do a search for questions. I love laughingbird products, so I should of said I was disappointed with the directions and support available for this one, not the product.
    As always, once I figured it out, my end result was beautiful.