1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Is There A DVD Cover Template Available Anywhere?

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by camcorderkid, Oct 8, 2007.

1. camcorderkid

camcorderkid

I can't believe there is a template for video cassette, but not a DVD cover. Who uses video tapes any more? ;-)

I know you can stretch the CD cover, but it goes out off proportion with the disc and looks ****.

Is there a DVD cover template available yet?

Pete

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

3. camcorderkid

camcorderkid

Sorry Chris, I should have made my post clearer. What I meant was a template for a DVD cover and disc like they have in TrueBoxShot, Quick3DCover....in fact, every other similar piece of software out there!

The example you give illustrates my point perfectly. Where the DVD case looks fine, the DVD case and disc looks not so great. The proportion of the disc to the case is way off.

When is WGC going to fill this obvious gap?

I'm a member of a very large and popular forum and recently WGC was damned for being far to complicated to use and lacking a DVD cover template in a recent test of similar software.

I love the logo creator and found myself sticking up for WGC, but the facts do speak for themselves.

Get it sorted guys!

Pete

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Pete.

Thanks for the valuable feedback.
    It's much appreciated.

Would you mind pointing me to this forum?
    I'd like to take a look at the comments.

I'm in the middle of updating the software and this sort of feedback (good ... or bad) will help. The WGC being 'damned' as being too hard to use is a little disconcerting ... but I want to see what others are saying.

Thanks Pete!

- Marc

5. camcorderkid

camcorderkid

Marc,

Unfortunately it is a paid forum and not accessible to the public, but I've copied a couple of the comments for you;

BillMyers: I just purchased and tested LaughingBird Web Graphics with eCover generator.

From my early testing, you can rule this program out. It simply is too difficult to use, and produces sub-par results.

Bill

Perrylawrence(AskMrVideo): Bill - agree 100% It's a bear to use. I'm looking forward to getting the one you used as it seems to have everything.

Perry

...and then other people chip in with their dissatisfaction of the product (including myself!).

I've since moved to another product which has a DVD cover template and is much easier to use. Will the upgrade be free for current users?

Pete