Is the Business Card Add-on a Worthy Buy?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by gotawebsite, Jun 10, 2013.

1. gotawebsite

gotawebsite

Attached you'll find the cover shot of The Business Card Creator, which denotes "Business Cards, Logos, & Letterhead." During the video for this particular software/add-on, Marc demonstrates how to create a business card (only). And this got me to wondering, "Will I be able to create letterhead also with the $19 add-on, as opposed to the $57 full version?" By the way, what exactly is displayed on the cover shot? Clearly one is a business card ...another is a letterhead? But what is the third item that is displayed between these other two items? Is it an envelope? What exactly will I be able to create with this $19 Business Card add-on? I just don't want to make the purchase blindly. ~ Thanks in Advance!

(JUNE 17TH 2014 UPDATE: THE $19 OFFER IS NO LONGER VALID)

Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
  2. KD-did

KD-did

As with TLC the Business Card Creator's graphics can be used to make other items.It only has card templates which can be resized for other projects or with 3rd party software.BCC has different graphics and the TLC is exactly the same .

3. gotawebsite

gotawebsite

Roger that KD-did! So if you don't mind, let's talk project dimensions for a sec. Has anyone ever posted conversions for different types of projects from inches to pixels? What are the dimensions of letterhead, envelopes, invitations, etc. in pixels. A conversion chart would make it convenient for those of us who'd like to use BBC for business cards, but would also like to coordinate other office products to create matching sets.

I just had a random thought: On the other hand even if no one responds to this question, that's a whole lot of additional art for just $19 :D LOL!

Btw, could an admin please delete my other similar post (from Jun 4th) a little ways down on the list.

(JUNE 17TH 2014 UPDATE: THE $19 OFFER IS NO LONGER VALID)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
  4. gotawebsite

gotawebsite

Well, just bought the BCC download. Checked out all the templates, and once again I'm having that moment - that moment like when Neo could see the Matrix. Yea I'm feeling empowered right now... Adobe CS+ designers better run! - get it?

gcuneo2 likes this.
  5. KD-did

KD-did

:) got it!!!

6. DentTech

DentTech

Can you make post cards out of this add on? What I'm talking about it that I like to run promotions and I like to put them on a postcard sized card with all of the details on the postcard.

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

SHORT ANSWER: YES. I always recommend making a logo that may be used for commercial print as big as possible-- that's why customers are always pleased with the quality of the business cards they create-- the template sizes for the business cards are friggin big, but their output size is small.

A BRIEF LESSON ON DPI, PPI, OUTPUT, IMAGE SIZE.....

Quality of output is printer dependent. Let me say that again. Quality of output is printer dependent.
    Most LCD screens have a DPI resolution of about 90-120DPI- and stuff still looks good. That's why a relatively low resolution picture (let's say a 50kb image) looks fine on a computer screen.

By default, my laser printer output is 600DPI, my photoprinter only 300DPI, my color inkjet supposedly can go up to 1200DPI.

Your local "printshop" WHEN IMPORTING YOUR IMAGE typically will say "HEY! Your image is only 72DPI, we gotta have 300DPI for it to look good.....
    What the "copyshop" Folk fail to realize is that adobe, and most photo editing software when it first uses an image it will always say it's 72 PPI.
    NOW FOR THE INTERESTING PART: In printing, like in newspapers, there are 72 vertical points to an inch. Therefore, a font that is size 72 will be one inch tall, and 36 point font, will be 1/2 inch tall. Stuff like that was pretty important when setting metal type....

The picture below explains quite a bit. Look at the pixel dimensions. Divide those dimensions by 72 and you get the image size in inches!

standard in photoshop.JPG

8. DentTech

DentTech

Thanks for that lesson and you bring up an interesting point for me right here. I've been in the process of making some company logos for myself. However the problem I'm having is that I don't know what all I'm doing as in...when I'm done with my logo I'll have a small logo but my background will be huge. Is there some video tutorials explaining this?

I just purchased the Business card add on and was trying to import my Company logo I made but the back ground image is WAY TOO BIG and by the time I shrink it down, its so small you can barely see it.

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

here is the Laughingbird channel on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrLaughingbird

When I make logos I always consider the size of my output needed. Am I gonna make a CD cover, a nice 4 x6" framed thingy, or am I gonna make a 5 x 7 postcard to mail out at christmas to my best customers?
    I never ever worry about the resolution of my exported, completed logos. WHY? I don't try to enlarge a small 400 x 500 logo into a 3 x 4 foot poster for one reason. Nor do I try to create a small button 125 x 75 for websites that contain ton's of detail.

Can you post the Small logo here? Are you manually resizing the exported logo in some other program? What are the working dimensions of the logo?

10. DentTech

DentTech

Since I'm new to the software I'm not real sure how or what to save the file as or to. I've been saving them to my desktop as a .png file but then it won't let me edit them any longer.

Confused a little but I'll learn.

11. DentTech

DentTech

Here are a few that I've been playing with.

Attached Files:

12. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

great looking logos!

13. KD-did

KD-did

"Since I'm new to the software I'm not real sure how or what to save the file as or to. I've been saving them to my desktop as a .png file but then it won't let me edit them any longer."

THE FILES HAVE TO BE SAVED AS .TLC/TEMPLATES TO BE EDITABLE.

DentTech likes this.