Intro and Request for help

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Freebird, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freebird

Freebird

Hello folks. I'm glad that I found this site. I presently have two sites, both are motorcycle touring related. The first is venturerider.org and I've had it going for about 4 years now I think. It's a lot of fun and I really enjoy it. In fact, I'm sitting in a hotel room now enroute to a ride to Georgia to meet up with some of my members.

The second site is one that I just started and I desperately need help with a logo design for it. It is a new club that I have named Touring Hogs at touringhogs.com Is there anybody here who can help with a logo for it?

Thanks,
    Don Nelson

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Welcome Freebird. I've had a motorcycle ever since I could reach the ground on my first little 80 dirt bike. Nothing like hitting the road and letting the wind hit you in the face! (Until a bug flies up your nose!)

I'm sure there will be some here that are available to help you out, but if you choose, you can visit our request area and have some of the other designers work up a design for you.

http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4223

3. gettagrip

gettagrip

4. KD-did

KD-did

Here is an idea.

5. Freebird

Freebird

Thanks...but I have actually seen that one around and being used. Don't remember if it was on a shirt or what.

Now that one IS pretty cool. Did you do it?

6. simple

simple

not too sure what you want is it a logo for the forum or for your jackets?

[​IMG]

7. Freebird

Freebird

That's pretty neat. I'm looking for something for T-Shirts and etc.

8. Freebird

Freebird

Here is my first attempt. Obviously using shapes and etc. right out of the box. I realize it's not great...or uh..even good...but I can at least say that I tried. :)

Attached Files:

9. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Actually, that shows alot of creativity. It needs to be cleaned up a bit, but overall, pretty neat. Nice job!

10. simple

simple

thats cool .... greatwork:)

11. KD-did

KD-did

just for fun

12. gettagrip

gettagrip

Freebird,
    Very creative. Great work!

13. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Freebird,
    I like your "first attempt" - very crisp and creative - good job! I wouldn't hesitate to use that as your logo.

14. Freebird

Freebird

Well..since it's a Harley TOURING club, my members thought that the bike was too..uh...futuristic or something. So...here is my next attempt. Better or Worse?

Attached Files:

15. simple

simple

these are great , i think both are excellent you have done a great job.

how long did it take?:)

16. Freebird

Freebird

It took me a lot longer than it would have taken any of you probably. :) I'm still new to this. The first one was pretty quick because I just used shapes and swooshes from the package but for this one I had to use another graphics program to create the shapes for the fairing, bags, set and trunk and it was the first time I had done that also. It took me a couple of hours to do the second one. Hopefully I'll get better though.

17. Freebird

Freebird

18. Freebird

Freebird

Well...here is where I am right now. I think I can live with these. Not perfect but hey...I'm just not a perfect person. :) I had to convert them to .jpgs to get them small enough to fit here. They look smooth in the .png versions though.

Attached Files:

19. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I say you did a great job. The hardest design to do, is the one for yourself. Don't be so hard on it. Throw it up on your sites and don't ask for opinions on them.

20. Chris

Chris Staff Member

I think they look pretty cool. Nice job on them. Did you think about putting the logo title under the bike?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.