Internet Explorer 8

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by OldenGray, Feb 5, 2009.

1. OldenGray

OldenGray

I just read in the the Microsoft Developer's Newsletter that Release Candidate 1 of Internet Explorer 8 is now ready for download. But there are some caveats to be aware of. I am very reluctant to try the first version of IE8 as it might still have some "bugs" that need to be worked out. In fact, the very premise of downloading V8 clearly means that you will be a "tester" for this platform. I suggest that you wait until a "stable release" comes out. At this time, that could be Summer of '09... or later. In conjunction with IE8, you will also need to download Silverlight, a companion to IE8 that expands the browser's functionality. If you want more information on IE8, here is a link:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288472(VS.85).aspx

But, if you just can't contain yourself and you have to have it regardless, then go ahead. I'm kinda itching to try it myself.

2. Just Bill

Just Bill

OG;

I'm one of the early birds. Bought a new computer. 64 bit. Wanted to be up to date as usual (I'm talking computers, not lifestyle.) Downloaded IE8 RC1 and the troubles began.

All downloads corrupted, very slow loading sites with any media etc. Also computer would not enter sleep mode. Removal took me two days and I won't try it again.

I've been using Flock for some time now and I like it a lot. Its based on Firefox but has a lot less bloat. You gave advice in earlier post to wait for IE 8 to be removed from Beta. My advice? Follow your own advice.

3. Wicked

Wicked

I do not think I have ever been hyped up to try any version of IE. It will always be terrible because they refuse to start over again and scrap what they have. IE has always been terrible and even more so to the IE trained mind.. I am no surprised with Bills results. Now given the credit its a beta and probably more appropriately named an alpha 1. Microsoft will do what they always do. As soon as they put out the finished product it will still be junk and buggy and holed to bits with security exploits.. Prove me wrong I say.