Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by pherretaus, Apr 15, 2004.

1. pherretaus

G'Day to All

Is it just my perception or does it not annoy anybody else. My previous post (unanswered) :=

Hi Marc

I have downloaded and installed v3.5 and like the new look except for the graphic (of paint & brushes etc) that stays superimposed under the menus. I find it distracting in that it interferes with a good clean view of menu selection. I feel that I also preferred the old colour scheme. Maybe you could incorporate a skin selection.

Keep up the good work

OK now we all know that we are using a graphics program so why? do we need a graphic of a paint pallete obscuring our work area whilst concetrating on a subject.

It's almost like a continuous splash screen "Well hullo" I have a look at this graphic and and again and again and again "guess what I am still here" and "this graphic is of no use except that I like it obscuring your tired eyes from doing a good job."

I have endeavoured to constain myself as I would like to hear CONSTRUCTIVE criticsism ( like mine) not DESTRUCTIVE.

The situation is I like you have too many impositions on life and feel that the GUI tends to upset my concentration whilst trying to be artistic and meet a deadline.

Thanks for reading.

It's a bit like road signs, "too many distract from the original idea"

PS: Marc I still love you and your great prog.......
  2. Lats

Lats Staff Member

Not me, actually I had to start TLC up and look for it.

I guess a work-a-round would be to move the canvas left, aligning it to just below the menu text, to cover the offending graphic. :)
  3. SlartyUK

Logo Grahic

Thats just SAD, its never bothered me either, like Lats i had to launch the program to remember what your talking about. Try turning you desktop resolution up from 640 X 480. LOL
  4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Founder of Laughingbird Software Staff Member

Hi there pherretaus.

I'm sorry you find the logo (MY logo) distracting.
    I'm sure if you do, others do as well, they're just not saying anything :)

I've thought about a skins option.
    I'll see if I can implement that. I don't think it would be too difficult.
    The skins option will allow you set your own color scheme and such.

It's a good suggestion Pherretaus!
    I'm not sure I'd like the Adobe Photoshop logo to appear in my work space as I'm creating.

- Marc
  5. lordzenn

Logo Distraction

Frankly I do not like the new look of 3.5. I prefer 3.0s interface but it is only I am very partial to blue. ;)

In any event the I agree the logo is a bit distracting maybe in 4.0 we will se some changes to that or might a suggest skinnign the program so users can change the look or even design there own. Now there is a new forum topic. "Logo Creator Skins". Yeah baby