installing TLC under Windows XP ?

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by josfer, Aug 12, 2004.

1. josfer

josfer

Hello
    i have downloaded on my laptop (running Windows 98 SE) a trial version of logo creator and run it properly
    i want to consider purchasing it for my desktop at home, so i download the same trial version on my desktop, that is running Win XP... and then i'am unable to install the soft.
    I receive a message indicating that one file (emb1) is missing... install crashes...
    What should I do ? :confused:

2. KD-did

KD-did

josfer, TLC 3.6 demo was just released this week . What you probably can do is the same thing that those of us with XP are having to do to upgrade. Only you will take the files from your laptop to your desk top.

For XP users. 1) make sure you have the latest DX and Windows Media Player.
    Get a fresh download and after the fresh install... open the program files and find "Logo Libraries" .... after selecting all.. move the "Logo Libraries" folder from your lap top to the desk top's file of the same name.

3. Eddy Killops

Eddy Killops

I am using version 3.6 on Windows XP Home Edition and it works fine.

Is it becasue you updated the software form 3.5 or 3.6 on your computer?

Eddy

4. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

Version 3.5 only updates to v3.5.1 via the option from within TLC(as of 2 days ago).

To use v3.6, I HIGHLY recommend doing a fresh install on Win XP. I did the "install over the top of old" method and it pretty much fu'bared the program somehow(the install went fine). I did a fresh install on XP Pro and had zero problems.

5. josfer

josfer

win xp

no, I was even unable to install the demo version... file emb1.gld corrupted it says... ressource file corrupted
    my downaload was made from the original AAA logo site...

6. josfer

josfer

then I get this when launching th esoft (after having ignored corrupted file...)

Error sequence: FtText::InitFt() -> ReadLib(ncat++,ep+CString("\\embedded\\emb1.gld")) -> inf.Open(infn,CFile::modeRead|CFile::typeBinary)

Error in line: inf.Open(infn,CFile::modeRead|CFile::typeBinary)

Error code: 0

File: C:\cpp\lde24\TmpDlg.cpp; line: 102
    File: C:\cpp\lde24\FtText.inl; line: 355
    File: C:\cpp\lde24\FtText.inl; line: 817

Please email this error message to:
    aaalogo@aaa-logo.com

7. KD-did

KD-did

Josfer, that is an entirely different program than The Logo Creator.I can understand the confusion being it is called 'Logo Creator'. It is an okay program but isn't quite as versitile as THE LOGO CREATOR. All of the images it has built in are dingbats, which are available for free and you can install into TLC under 'SYSTEM FONTS". It is also more limited to what you can do with the built in images.

8. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

Yea...I noticed that program about a week ago. I was not impressed at all. The examples they have up on thier site are rather lackluster, IMHO. I am wondering though that given the nature of that program being so similar to TLC, can Marc persue action against thier program's name being so close to TLC???