Installing Fonts

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Worlock, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Here is a step by step instruction on how to install fonts and dingabts in your computer so they can be used in The Logo Creator. Now this is for a PC only NOT A MACINTOSH

First when you download your font from where-ever, It will probably come in a zip file, and it will likely open for you, If not then open the zip by clicking on it, Next you will see a file of your font ending in ttf usually, now take that file and extract it to your c:\windows\Fonts directory. there are a couple of ways you can do this.

You can copy the file and manually place it in your windows\fonts directory by copy and paste method, or go to your c: and open up your windows directory, go to the folder that is labeld Fonts and click that open and select "File" then select "install new font" at the top and then select where the font file is and do it that way. ( remember where its located at so you can retrieve it from its source.) Your font you are installing should now be visable in the box, now once that is done you will have to select "Install font on the right of the install box. Once its done the font is now available to you for usage in your TLC SYSTEMS FONT Selection.
    If you still dont see the installed Font(s) after all this, reboot your computer and you will after that!

2. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

Hi Worlock,

I added the PC user by title, for people to easily identify what System. Good Tutorial!!

3. Cheekyman

Cheekyman

Hi Yall

Hi
    Just install AMP Font Viewer (Best on the net)
    Make sure you run the program as Administrator (In Vista)
    This install fonts for you! WALLA!

Cheekyman :image28:

4. Worlock

Worlock Guest

5. Cheekyman

Cheekyman

Sorry Worlock

I am very Sorry Worlock!!!!

I was eager to make a first post and didn't realise
    I was posting in a Tutorial part of the Forum

Please accept my profuse apologies
    (Plz delete the posts)

Cheekyman

:image08:

6. KD-did

KD-did

Cheekyman , there is absolutely no reason to apologize you were on target, on subject just using an alternative method which I am certain some members may find useful especially if it saves them time.

7. Cheekyman

Cheekyman

Thanks!

Thanks KD-Kid For putting my mind at rest.
    I've been a webmaster for over 10 years and know a lot of shortcuts (Timesavers, Latest techniques etc....)
    I advise a number of young & elderly webmasters on their websites (Fun or Business) free service!
    I'm advising someone in your country at the moment in West Virginia ha ha.

Thanks for the encouragement!
    (I was not going to come back)

Cheekyman

8. KD-did

KD-did

I am thrilled that you have decided to return. Hope that you will be sharing some your of knowledge as questions come up from other members. Our goal is to have the forum work as a community of members helping members in a friendly environment

9. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Cheekyman...
    Thanks for posting here.

Please don't let some of the other members scare you away. You should only be scared of the Mods and Admins ... not other members :D