Installing Expansion Pack 1

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by fishmaven, Aug 19, 2004.

1. fishmaven

fishmaven

I bought this at CompUSA. I've updated to 3.6 and would like to add the new pack. No directions. Help anyone??
    Dan

2. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

Is there some kind of installer on the CD?? A file perhaps, named "setup.exe" ??
    or maybe "install.exe" ?? Also, look for a "readme" file or something similar. If there is a "readme" or "read" file, open it in notepad or a text editor. It may have instructions.

3. KD-did

KD-did

There does seem to be a glitch in mixing the retail version with update3.6. Laughingbird (Marc) has a fix in progress.

4. fishmaven

fishmaven

Double click TLCExpPack1... you get four files and a data folder. autorun.apm, autorun.exe, autorun.inf, Data, setup.exe . Double click setup.exe and I get that stupid Stuffit upgrade available window that I can't seem to get rid of. Click not now and Stuffit goes away and you've accomplished nothing. There may be twelve people on the planet that can upgrade a Stuffit application. I'd sooner try to translate the New Testament from Greek and I have no idea how to do that either. I just figured someone here has ALREADY done this and would know how.
    Dan

5. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

I would help but I've never used Stuffit. WinZip and WinRAR are
    my archivers of choice.

6. KD-did

KD-did

fishmaven, looks as if there is extra coding in the retail version for Stuffit that isn't in the DR version and it may explain a lot

7. fishmaven

fishmaven

re op system: I guess I should have said I use a Mac initially.

re Stuffit: people on Mac forums can't do it either. Most people just wait for a new version and pay to ugrade rather than play with new releases.

re TLC: I can wait until Marc(??) comes up with something.
    Thanks, Dan

8. KD-did

KD-did

I have always got my editions from DR....CD just start (autorun) as they are suppose to and downloads just unzip and the install process begins. If there is added codeing it may explain why things aren't going as smoothly . If both have code written to the same area you can easily see why there would be conflicts.