Installation Problems... Need Help

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by zollieferrel, Jul 8, 2008.

1. zollieferrel

zollieferrel

I just purchased and downloaded The Logo Creator, Web 2.0. When I tried to extract the files, it said there were no files to extract. I can't open the zip.part file.

This is by no means the first program I've purchased and installed. Can anyone be of help?

2. KD-did

KD-did

There are only 2 unpacking applications recommended by Laughingbird Software for unpacking . One is Stuffit Expander and the other is Winzip ( both available for FREE)... others may damage files. Before downloading it is usually a good idea to also stop any accelerators you may use. Graphic programs are a little more sensitive than most other applications.

3. zollieferrel

zollieferrel

Thanks for that information.

4. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

The file probably didn't complete the download and you should download it again.

When you download a file, you'll see a temporary file ending in .part, in your case zip.part

When the download is completed, then it's moved to the correct file name and will be without the .part at the end. The .part file should disappear if the download was completed. If not, then you didn't get the complete file and you should delete it and try downloading it again.

5. zollieferrel

zollieferrel

I called the Customer Support number and was told I needed to disable firewalls, security programs, and on and on. After further conversation, I found out the company provides "support" to 40,000 different clients and I was getting a "canned" response; she really had no knowledge whatsoever of the particular product.

I decided if that is the type of "support" given, I would just cancel my order. I have purchased too many software products to deal with this sort of thing. But I appreciate your responses.

The powers that be can close this thread now.

6. KD-did

KD-did

zollieferrel, sorry to hear that you are not going to be using TLC, however, the number you called was most likely the one for Digital River ( the ecommerce provider)and not for Laughingbird Software.

You could always have gotten a fresh download by looking up your order among the Customer Support listings on Laughingbird's site. Digital River did give you sage advice on how to avoid download issues.
    https://www.findmyorder.com/DRHM/se...rchPage&SiteID=findmyor&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE

I just recently was setting up a new virtual machine for myself on my Mac and experienced the same issue you had firsthand when I used the Window's built in unpacking program. The download unzipped fine and launched the installation process when I used StuffIt Expander.