Input on new design

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by prototype66, Jun 4, 2007.

1. prototype66

prototype66

I was fooling around and came up with this (I only had about 10-15 minutes) so Im not too sure. Might be too busy?
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. Christy

Christy

I really like it.

Very recently I used that same banner for a project and noticed that because of the high color it's grainy saved in gif. Does anybody know a good fix for that besides png?

3. prototype66

prototype66

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out.
    wassup with that?

4. Christy

Christy

It's (I'm assuming) because it's high color.

We'll see if anyone else has better ideas but png is probably the best option.

I was taught way back when (scolded rather LMBO) to 'nevah' save a graphic in jpg which I did with this one anyhow and imagined my knuckles gettin' slapped with a ruler. :sigh: the lessons that stay with us thru life! LOL

5. prototype66

prototype66

not jpeg? whats up with that?

6. dscratch

dscratch

Nice design prototype. The bright blue background is a bit touchy on my eyes, but overall it looks good. I cannot comment on the blurry save issues. Nice one.

7. Christy

Christy

In a class I took a long time ago we were instructed that jpeg, although 16 million colors, was a format used for photographs and because of the type of compression should never be used for graphics or clipart. Even though .gif images are only 256 colors it is (as it was explained) reducing the colors not compressing them and therefore doesn't smudge images that are not photos.

That's all I remember and I know I didn't explain it just as it was told to me. :image10-1:
    Anyway, shortly afterwards I learned about bmp and then png so I stuck with those and didn't have any more assigments refused LOL :image24:

8. prototype66

prototype66

kewl, thanks !! Now on to the BPM and PNG issues!
    Tally hoooeee!!

9. CaseyVA

CaseyVA

Hi Prototype66,
    That's a great logo, I could definitely see it being really great on a more neutral (like a gray or lighter blue) background that would make it stand out to it's full potential.

10. prototype66

prototype66

Here is another idea. Any suggestions.
    I dropped the 66 but Im not set on that either.
    [​IMG]

11. prototype66

prototype66

Another one (fooling around) any input???
    [​IMG]