Incredibly impressed

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by perfectjewel, Jun 2, 2004.

1. perfectjewel

perfectjewel

I just got the software and I'm incredibly impressed. I've never designed a logo in my life, but after paying someone a lot of money to design one for me and still not getting what I wanted, I was thrilled to have this option. I've already designed five or six that I would be proud to have on my web site.

I can see this will become addictive. :35:

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Glad you're having fun with the software PJ!

Post the 5 or 6 logos you've created!
    We'd all love to see them :)

Thanks again for the great testimonial!

- Marc

3. perfectjewel

perfectjewel

Marc,

I've attached them (at least I think I have). :rolleyes:

BTW, I've already told a very influential real estate group about your product and I think you'll be hearing a great deal more from that community. The head of the group will be including my logos in his next newsletter to the group.

4. Annzie

Annzie

The one on the right is a bit scary. I wonder might you might be trying to advertise. The others are good. They seem to make a good point.

--Annzie

5. duckster

duckster

I would echo the original post! Great piece of software! But what makes it even greater is Marc's incredible response time and service! Thanks, Marc! And thanks everyone else for great tips!

6. Eddy Killops

Eddy Killops

I remember the first time I tried TLC .... I loved it so much I registered it right away and then bought every other TLC available within a week!

I use Paint Shop Pro and Adobe Photoshop and STILL refer back to TLC when I need someything created quick. I get my best ideas when using TLC

Eddy

7. Touchdown

Touchdown

Very nice logos.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but a friend and I were actually having this discussion the past weekend and we were trying to figure out why all the advertisements of real estate agents feel a need to show the picture of the real estate agent? I'd much rather see a picture of the house.

8. perfectjewel

perfectjewel

Touchdown,

The reason we put a photo with our logos, signs, etc. is because it is much easier to remember a person when you see their face, and associate with someone you feel you know. As of this year, there are more than 1,000,000 salespeople/broker members of the National Association of Realtors. The more often they see a name coupled with a photo, the more likely you are to be remembered. And, this has nothing to do with houses. On our websites, advertising, marketing we have many, many photos of houses.

Hope that explains it. :)

9. Steve O

Steve O

perfectjewel,

You said you paid someone to work on a logo for you and you were not happy with the results. Can you post what was done that you were not happy with? I'd be curious to see what was done.

Steve O

10. perfectjewel

perfectjewel

Steve,

It wasn't that the logo was bad, but it didn't capture the feeling I was trying to express and the guy really brought no creativity to it. When I told him what I wanted I had to spell it out for him and then he gave no more, no less than I asked for. I was hoping for his own creativity.

11. daredd

daredd

I concur........clappy hands and all...........

It is indeed a quick reference alternative when developing in PhotoShop or Dreamweaver MX or WebEasyPro........a most excellent developer addition I'll say.

I've already began to create various logo designs for our hosting clients and member merchants.

Clap.....Clap.......Clap.........KUDOS to Marc