Improving my logo

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Brake Light, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brake Light

Brake Light

My current concept is below, this is for a video production company. Don't care for the font, but that the basic idea. Is this any good? How can I improve it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KD-did

KD-did

To start off with I would start by moving the two text lines closer together. Being that the light source is coming from behind the text the darkest layer should be the top layer. You might consider a font like "cut above the rest" which could add an interesting texture.

3. Brake Light

Brake Light

Thanks! Great suggestions. Those make a lot of sense. I was told by a designer that the basic concept isn't even technically a logo to start with.

Should I scrap it and start again?

4. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Well Brake, it's not a typical logo, but it's okay to start simple. Don't let anyone discourage you. You have to start somewhere. I agree with KD about the font (she won't steer you wrong by the way). :) I'd say it looks more like a web banner right now, but it takes time to develop your own style. For instance, you could ad an element/image that it significant to your company... say a light or a piece of film, a video lens, a clap board, etc.. or use a specific font for Brake Light instead. Just sit and move stuff around on your logo. I'm amazed at the number of times I rearrange a logo before I find a design I like. Keep at it and post some ideas, we'll help you 'rearrange'. :)

5. KD-did

KD-did

The first part of this logo is done with suggestions I made for your logo idea and the second simply added to a template.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.