importing transparent images

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by bigpoketz, Jun 5, 2007.

1. bigpoketz

bigpoketz

i'd like to know can images from photoshop be imported into TLC WGC CIC and if so what format should it b in? i'm new to pshop and haven't had a chance to use TLC in about a year so a lil rusty!!

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Hi Big P --- TLC allows a multitude of images to be imported into. Go to File (on the menu bar) and then click on the import image. Browse your computer to the image you want imported.

3. Chris

Chris Staff Member

It is best to import images in transparent GIF or transparent PNG format.

4. bigpoketz

bigpoketz

mac 27 your logo is off the chain!!! really appreciate good artwork. thx 4 your input.

5. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Thanks bigpoketz I appreciate the comments. Don't mind helping. :D

6. Whippetgirl

Whippetgirl

importing images from photoshop in logo creator

You can also save image for web that will also give a transparent background if have cut something out

Whippetgirl:image28:

7. Candlelight

Candlelight

Just export your images as PNG and copy them into images folder of TLC in Program Files, and it is done:-)

8. Sbeauch431

Sbeauch431

Question about logo

Hi,

I'm Sharon. I recently purchased the TLC software and am not totally familiar with it. I created a logo but can't seem to get it to be transparent on any color background. I went through the process of choosing to take the background white out and saving it as a transparent png and also the transparent gif but when I tried to add it to a document I had created in photoshop it still had the white background. I must be doing something wrong.

I just need to be able to save the logo without any background so that I can add it to a business card, brochure without the background.

Any help you can give me would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

9. KD-did

KD-did

That is odd, is there any possibility that the white background is on any imported images? TLC As a work around you could always use your photoshop to remove the background and use that image file for your document or as a prepped image for your logo.

10. Sbeauch431

Sbeauch431

transparency background in image

Thanks KD-did. I am working with "photos" and not clipart and didn't think to see if those photos had white backgrounds around them. I guess I'll have to do some more playing around with them. I am not a designer but love to do desktop publishing and really was just trying to give someone what they were asking for, but it's too much in my opinion. He wanted a puddle of water (maybe you've seen the one with the puddle of water with a couple of drops falling into the water) and he wanted the water green and then he wanted a bed of flowers (water lillies, etc.) on top of the water. Well, I found some images depicting this and put the lillies on top of the water but it's too much to me but that's what he wanted and he wanted real photos not clipart.

Any suggestions? So, when I created this and tried to save it as a logo without a background the resolution is not too good nor am I able to put that logo on any color - he wants the logo put on the green water background. I made it round like the earth (it looks like a crystal ball or something). Anyway, any suggestions of how I could get a really clear logo for printing would be appreciated. I've really spent too much time on this already.

Thanks.

11. KD-did

KD-did

Out of curiosity does the white background show when you print the document? And are all the images the same file format?My thinking is that while that might not be an issue with TLC it might be an issue with photoshop.

You might convert your work to esp format in photoshop and import that into your document.

12. Sbeauch431

Sbeauch431

transparent background in image

Yes, the white background does show when you put it on a colored background.

I'll have to check and see if the images are the same format.

Then I'll try to import as esp and put into my document.

Thanks.

13. Sbeauch431

Sbeauch431

Need A Logo Please

I'm new to TLC software and need a logo created if anyone wants to take a shot at it.

This will be a full color logo
    Photos - not clipart
    Water puddle with water drop (almost like a tear drop) falling into water
    Colorful flowers in the water (depicting life)
    Globe shape is fine.

Health care service
    Name of company in an arch over the logo

Final: Green water with colorful flowers in water (with name of company arched over globe or whatever design you come up with)

Company name: Life Touch Healthcare Services

Any ideas?

I would like this logo to be a high res transparent that can be used on any color background. I need to have some business cards made and also a brochure so I will have to be able to put it on these items.

Thanks for any ideas on this.

NOTE: I hope this is the correct forum for this submission.

14. KD-did

KD-did

See if this image gives you the same issue.

15. Sbeauch431

Sbeauch431

I don't know how to download this image. I haven't installed the full version yet - having a problem doing that too because the code I was given hasn't worked. Emailed customer service about it.

16. KD-did

KD-did

You should be able to right click and a drop down will appear then go down to save image as, choose a location and look for the image there. The image is one I did using TLC,test that on your document. That should have no background just as it has here in the forum.

Send a PM (private message) to laughingbird and he will take care of you. Provide him with the purchase email address.