Importing fonts into TLC

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Mr. Jingles, May 10, 2005.

1. Mr. Jingles

Mr. Jingles

I just purchased 2500 ProType Fonts and was wondering if there is any way that I can import font into The Logo Creator. Is this possible? If not, I would like to suggest such an option (importing fonts) in a future upgrade.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Mr. Jingles, when you add fonts into your system's font folder you will be able to use them in TLC and other programs.

3. Leighla

Leighla

This will sound really, REELY simple of me, but how does one import the fonts? Now, I may have missed a menu selection ? Thanks Leighla

4. KD-did

KD-did

Leighla, welcome to TLC Forum.
    For Pc's
    # 1 Go to the place where you saved the font.

# 2Double-click on the zip to open it.
    #3 Place these files into the Fonts folder, usually C:\Windows\Fonts or C:\WINNT\Fonts
    (can be reached as well by the Start Menu > Control Panel > Appearance and Themes > Fonts).

For MACS

Files are compressed, so you must use an utility like Stuffit Expander.
    # Under Mac OS X : Put the files (Mac or PC) into ~/Library/Fonts.

# Under Mac OS 9 or less : Drag the fonts suitcases into the System folder. The system will propose you to add them to the Fonts folder.
    (If you want to use fonts available only for PC, you may have to convert them with a converter.)

5. mckd2002

mckd2002

Be careful...

I'm not 100% certain but I just read on a site selling fonts yesterday to limit your fonts to 500 or less at a time or your Operating System performance will be degraded greatly. I guess it would be wise to view the fonts in a viewer and only use what you need.

Only a suggestion, I could be wrong...

Mike D.

6. KD-did

KD-did

Shhhhhhhh don't tell my PC (XP) I have 3600+ fonts and dingbats installed..

7. mckd2002

mckd2002

See....

See, I stand corrected. Always better to get the information from those that do rather than the others that don't. Thanks for letting me know!

Mike

8. Mr. Jingles

Mr. Jingles

Running XP pro here... I did some downloading recently and at about 600 fonts or so I could tell a big difference in my pc's performance running 512mb of ram. Very, very sluggish... I'm seriously considering maxing out my pc's ram capabilities at 3 gb which should help things out considerably.

9. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

all i can is :WOW1: Ever thought of a Font Diet for your PC :joker:

10. roughrider

roughrider

sorry to be so dumb, but i installed some fonts but can not see them in TLC V5 can you help thanks

11. Chris

Chris Staff Member

After you have the font on your screen in TLC you click on the format button and then on the System Fonts button. That will bring up the list of fonts on your computer. If you installed the fonts while using TLC please save all work and close TLC and then reopen TLC for the system fonts to update in TLC.

HTHs

12. faryl

faryl

Access user fonts?

Hi! Sorry to open an older thread - but since my question is font-related, I thought I'd include it here (if I should start a new thread in the future, please let me know!)

Is there a way to point TLC to my user fonts folder? I have the majority of my "fun" fonts located there. (I can move or duplicate them if need be, but figured I'd check first).

Thanks!

Faryl

(this is on Leopard, btw)

13. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Aren't they showing up when you choose systemfonts?
    MD

Attached Files:

14. KD-did

KD-did

The embedded fonts in TLC itself have their own file extension of .cxt and in the past even the earlier TLC edition fonts couldn't be mixed moved/copied or added to the TLC's font folder. Which is true for both PC and Mac platforms.

If you are not seeing them in TLC's system it is most likely because TLC doesn't access fonts in sub folders or they aren't "Outline" fonts. After installing TLC did you "repair permissions".

15. dkittell

dkittell

I have a library of about 5 gigs of fonts totally about 34,000 fonts give or take...

Not to specifically advertise for a company but I use a program by Extensis called Suitcase. You can get this for the PC or Mac

I started working at a graphic design company that does a lot of letter heads and medical forms so fonts were important to have. I at one time had about 1,000 fonts in my windows font folder and that really slowed me down. There are other programs like Suitcase that don't cost an arm and a leg but when looking make sure you can activate them when you want them and then deactivate them when you don't that way you can have a folder with thousands of fonts without making windows have a heart attack.

16. KD-did

KD-did

I use The Font Thing which is FREE and while it doesn't say so it works with XP but I don't know if it works with Vista.
    PLUS you can see multiple fonts at the same time and it it has a "character map" showing "unicodes".
    http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html

17. 3DS

3DS

thanx KD. looks like something worth looking into, since i have the same prob that dkittell mentioned having about that slow viewing of all my fonts too.