Importing an image into TLC?

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by frankcrounse, Nov 2, 2007.

1. frankcrounse

frankcrounse

I'm using Vista. My TLC files are all in my "Documents" folder among all my other files and folders (that's where they all went when I installed the program), not in any special TLC folder.

So do I just change the file extension to ".tlc" and then can load it from the TLC interface window? I can't just open my image because I get "no objects match your search" when I open my clipart folders.

Thanks a lot! This software is very interesting but is giving me fits doing what should be the simplest things...

2. frankcrounse

frankcrounse

Also, in the FAQs: "Of course you can use your image!" But not word one of how to do it....

3. frankcrounse

frankcrounse

1,000 Pardons

Hmmm: File, Import Image. Extremely embarassed here! Is it Friday yet? :image25:

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

LOL.

Welcome to the forum Frank.
    No worries at all. I'm sorry it was giving you fits earlier ... hopefully, now that's it's past Friday, all is well?

- Marc

5. frankcrounse

frankcrounse

Hi, thanks for your note! Things are going very well now, and I'm really impressed by TLC. It's not only useful but it's fun to use!

If I were asked for feedback on TLC, the only non-postive comment I would make at this point would be that it's a little more "cartoony" than I would like. I would prefer to see more serious, corporate logos to modify--less cartoon-looking. But then the customer can always start with a blank screen and use the tools to create his own.

Also, the forum is very useful, for getting more information--it's a wonderful resource!

Thanks for a great product, I wish I'd found it sooner!

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Thank you Frank!

Glad to hear you went from frustrated, to delighted :D
    And thanks for the feedback on the logos. I need a few new logo designers to help me create some new - divers - sets. I do have a certain style, I admit.

- Marc