Impact of Background Color

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by Eddy Killops, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Eddy Killops

Eddy Killops

I created this logo and wanted to see what impact having a different color background would have on the image.

I was surprised at how different the feel of the image was just by changing the colo .... here is the sample I did.

2. Eddy Killops

Eddy Killops

image two

3. Eddy Killops

Eddy Killops

and the third

4. Eddy Killops

Eddy Killops

BTW .... this logo was created using only the LTC, no imported clip art images.

5. XPlow

XPlow

I like the white the best.

Question, if you were to make print this logo as part of your business card and the card was a ivory color. Would you have to print it with a transparent background or would you rather have a white square on your business card?

6. LogoCreek

LogoCreek

eddy

I like the 1st one

the text got lost with the red background and the green was.... well.. scary. :)

maybe a gray background?

- Erik
    www.LogoCreek.com

7. Hexastar

Hexastar

I like the 1st one too, but don't like the gradient. I would choose a solid color and still keep the white background, but otherwise it's very cool looking.

8. Eddy Killops

Eddy Killops

Actually this isn't a logo for anything ... it was an experiment in background colors.

I am working on some software and we were having a discussion on what the background color should be ... my partner said it didn't matter, I disagreed and created these three samples to show what effect background color can have.

Background color (in my opinion) does make a big difference.

9. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

good observation on the the effect of color. There have been studies done into the whole psychology of color and it's effects on thought process. Very interesting subject you might want to search out.