Images not importing properly

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Sire, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Sire

Sire

Hi, I wanted to use TLC to change an existing header which has the following dimensions, 970x150. What I did was to select new logo and then adjusted the size parameters to match the header. I then import the header only to find it only covers a portion of the canvas. I centred it and thought that was OK because it filled the canvas.

After making adjustments I exported the jpg image and uploaded it. The problem is I now have a white space between the header and menu bar where it didn't exist before making the alterations.

How can this be remedied?

You can see what I mean here http://wassupblog.com/

2. KD-did

KD-did

Try exporting it as a transparent png.

3. Sire

Sire

OK, that got rid of the white space but it now leaves a gap between the header and the menu. That wasn't there with the original image?

I found the problem. When I added one of the elements part of it was off the page. Normally that would be cut off to keep it in the canvas size but for some reason it added it to the output file making it 970x170 instead of 970x150. Shrinking it so it fit in the canvas solved the problem. Not my ideal solution but at least it worked.

4. KD-did

KD-did

Your original header measurement had a white space so when it was removed the measurement changed.

5. Sire

Sire

Nope, no white space. See comment above.

6. KD-did

KD-did

The space is measured the same, however, the transparent space is no longer occupied with an image.

7. Sire

Sire

All I know is that once I moved the image within the confines of the canvas it worked