Images being altered

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by TonyMyers56, Jan 31, 2016.

1. TonyMyers56

TonyMyers56

Please take a look at the screeenshot below:

Notice that on the upper section, the certificate, when tilted is out of focus (altered, by The Creator program) when the Image Angle is set to a value of 46. Yet the lower section of the screen shows the certificate as it should be shown (unaltered) when the Image Angle is set to a value of 0. What can be causing this error?
    Screenshot.png
    This is a JPG image being loaded into the program, running on a laptop running Windows 10 Home x64 4-GB.

2. KD-did

KD-did

I am wondering if it has something to do the size of the certificate and the image angle. Did you resize the certificate with TLC/TC before starting the process or during the process? Are you running the upgrade to TC 7?

I have had issues with re-sizing a large image slowing the whole process down.

3. KD-did

KD-did

While pondering this problem .....it dawned on me that checking to make sure your Adobe air is up to date is a good start.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

While pondering that ( couldn't help myself ) export the template as a PNG with the 'crazy' display. I'm curious to know if it is just a video display problem or if it is actually changing the graphic.

Please let us know if the exported png is clear. Thanks.

KD-did likes this.
  5. KD-did

KD-did

Does the template look normal after a reboot?

6. TonyMyers56

TonyMyers56

I rebooted the system, and the image looks the same. While the image is resized, it was resized when the template file was originally created with TLC 6.8. The view were taken when I opened the template file using the NEW Creator 7 update. The alteration of the JPG file occurs if I change the Image angle OR if I skew the file in either direction. The template ONLY looks NORMAL when the image has ZERO skew or image angle!

>While pondering that ( couldn't help myself ) export the template as a PNG with the 'crazy' display. I'm curious to know if it is just a video display problem or if it is actually changing the graphic.While pondering that ( couldn't help myself ) export the template as a PNG with the 'crazy' display. I'm curious to know if it is just a video display problem or if it is actually changing the graphic.

It is actually changing the graphic. I exported the graphic into a .PNG file to my desktop and the image was scrambled inside the .PNG that I saved to my computer.

7. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Okay Tony. I've duplicate your problem and emailed Marc. Far as I'm concerned, it's a problem. Why? Because v6.8.11 did not do that!

As a temp remedy what you can do is simply convert your jpg to a png and press on. There are a number of programs to do that if you don't have one. I use Photoscape by Google. It's free. There are a lot of others.

Hopefully we'll hear something back from Marc soon.

8. TonyMyers56

TonyMyers56

Nope, I also tried that too. I converted my images to .PNGs and imported them into the template and it scrambled them also.

9. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Hm. Mine worked good after converting from jpg to png using photoscape. Would you mind posting that jpg here in the forum? I'd like to see how it works on my machine.

10. KD-did

KD-did

Perhaps start the template from a blank canvas... using all pngs. Pre-size any files you have had to adjust in the program.My reasoning is there use to be a number of how many commands/items a template could hold . It would get to that place and FREEZE\. The fix was to export and bring back on a new canvas and finish up with more items /commands and whatever . I know it shouldn't make a difference but it could.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  11. KD-did

KD-did

Just to be on the safe side make sure your Adobe Air is up to date. One member had no problem running V6.8 but could not run V7 until she got the Adobe Air updated.

12. TonyMyers56

TonyMyers56

KD-did, you are CORRECT. Apparently it was the conversion program that I was using to make the .PNG file that was causing the secondary problem with the scrambling of the PNG. I was using Zoner Photo Studio 17's built in Editor and doing a 'Save As .PNG'. When I tilted the image (image on the left) it became scrambled. I downloaded the PhotoScape program and converted the certificate.jpg program. I then imported it into the same template (image in the center) and tilted it with no problem whatsoever!

It is still failing however, when using tilted or skewed .JPG files.

Sample.png
    certificate.jpg
    This is the original certificate.jpg file!

13. KD-did

KD-did

I am so thrill that you were willing to investigate further and backtrack why the change to png wasn't working in gunsmoke's work around.I am sure there will be a fix from Marc out shortly.

You have learned that all images editors are not created the same and neither is their out put. The programming is different. Some editors and other programs make more artifacts then others. Some have better results then others.All have their strengths and weaknesses .

For an instant (FREE) resizer and file format changer try Pixresizer. A sweet addition to your graphic toolboxI have used it for years without any issues.
    http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  14. TonyMyers56

TonyMyers56

I learned a long time ago to stop saying, "No, I'm right" about most everything I do and take the time to investigate what is going on; especially when I have situations like this occurring where one person can recreate my problem and fix it but then I cannot. It only made sense that I had a software issue with my editor, if his editor's PNG file was tilting a file with no scrambling and mine was not. I am just glad that we were able to use our collective minds to establish that a problem had occurred, and can now get it corrected in the near future because a LOT of the thing that I do are never just cut and paste. They are always turned to some kind of angle or skew.

15. KD-did

KD-did

Sent you a private message/conversation.

16. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Glad it's working Tony! :a plus: