Image Shadows

Discussion in 'General Support' started by sman, Aug 31, 2014.

1. sman

sman

I create an image in Fireworks and save as a transparent png. Import image into The Logo Creator as png and click Image Shadow.

Although the image is on transparent background the shadow drawn is for the box around the image not the image shape itself. If I click on the images I purchased from you, no image box shows.

For my imported images, how do I get rid of the image box so I draw shadows for the image itself same as yours do. Done in The Logo Creator or in my image software?

Thanks - love your program!

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Without seeing the image I'm kind of guessing here, but, it sounds as if there is a background to the image. You say you saved as a transparent png but if there is a solid background then that will save as part of the image. In TLC it is not part of the image and when you save as a transparent png all you get is the image. If you were to add a background to your image in TLC, then save as a transparent png, the same thing would happen. You'd get the background with the image.

Having said that. If you have Photoshop then you can remove the background.
    If you do not have Photochop. then download the latest version of Gimp and you can do the same thing.
    http://www.gimp.org/ It's free.

Let me know if you have more questions. If you think I'm wrong about the background, attach your pic to a post and let us have a look at it. :cowboyno:

snginc likes this.
  3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

In fireworks: MODIFY / CANVAS/ CANVAS COLOR / select TRANSPARENT

FOR IMPORTED IMAGES: You have to manually remove what you don't want-- like a plain white background, j8ust use the magic wand tool to select what you want to erase (You will have to adjust the tolerance level).

In fireworks, you should see the "checkerboard pattern"-- if not, you probably are doing something wrong. The magic eraser tool is my favorite

gunsmoke likes this.