Image Outline

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Beeg, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beeg

Beeg

Hi. New user here. Love TLC, I use it to design sports logos. One drawback is the inability to outline an imported image. I've read the posts and I can get it done but it involves a lot of steps and the final product is not ideal.

Reading the threads, a recurring post is that this feature might be implemented in the future. Since a lot of these threads are old, I thought I might ask if there has been any progress in this area?

That would make the program near perfect for me.

Thanks in advance,
    Beeg

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

3. Beeg

Beeg

Yea, I read that thread and it was the most helpful of those I've seen. I use the techniques suggested but there's a lot of room for improvement. Since it's an older thread I figured I'd see if there have been any developements.

Thanks for the reply,
    Beeg

4. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Yeh, It really didnt work that great for me either :)

5. KD-did

KD-did

Beeg, you might look for similar images in dingbat fonts. Being they are fonts you can use the outlining function in TLC. Dingbats come in a wide array of sports themes. They are FREE to download. With an image editor or paint program on board your computer you can have customized images , without any backgrounds issues ever. It has always amazed me how many subscription clip art sites images are just painted dingbats.

6. 3DS

3DS

Hmm, looked like they found a way to do it from that link. A bit out of the way but still looked like it should work.

Now I'm a little curious to what image you want to create an outline for...or what is graphically referred to as a "stroke". Throw up your image for a looksy, and see what we can do with a few well placed clicks in Ps.

7. Beeg

Beeg

Hi. There's no particular image I'm working on, just would like the ability to outline images in a clean, professional manner through TLC.

Thanks for the reply.

Beeg

8. 3DS

3DS

ur welcome. anything to help. just send me a pm next time and i'll see what i can do to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.