i'm totally lost

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by chenelle, May 16, 2006.

1. chenelle

chenelle

i'm a newbie here and totally lost.:helpnow: first, i must say, i absolutely love the software and will be purchasing some of the logo software as soon as i learn to use this one. i have spent the last rwo days reading all the previous posts and hoping to find answers, but nothing helped. i'm familiar with uploading files and i've even created a few web pages. my question is, does anyone know if this software can be used with Web Easy Professional, and if so how? if that doesn't work, i can load it directly to my server which is VDECk with iPpower web hosting...please, please help me

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Chenelle.
    thanks for the post.

Yes - The Flash Ad Creator is very compatible with WebEasy.

When you create your ad, and export it, you'll find two important files:
    The ".swf" file (the animation) and an "assets" folder (the folder that contains your images and changed text).

both of these need to be uploaded to your server on the web.

Using WebEasy, simply import the .swf file. There should be a button or a menu item that will allow you to import Flash files.

Then, upload your page to your server.
    If you have WebEasy, I assume you can move files from your computer to the internet.

Next, make sure you ALSO upload that assets folder.

Let me know if this makes sense!

- Marc

3. chenelle

chenelle

I'm still confused

I tried loading the files through web easy, but I keep getting an error message and the program crashes. This is problems with Web Easy, but can I load the files directly to my server? I tried loading the swf file then the individual files from the assets folder, but nothing happens. They uploaded successfully, but nothing shows. Do I need to put all the file in ne folder first, or is there a specific name I must use. there are so many different pages I can create with this software.

Thanks so much for the previous reply.

Chenelle

4. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

i do not know much about web easy, but it better to create your assets folders thru your admin panel(vdeck) and use the file manager tool. I found this Vdeck help site. Shows you how to upload and create a directory.

http://www.vdeck.com/help/index.php?id=40

5. chenelle

chenelle

Maybe it's just me :-(

Ok, I know you guys are probably getting tired of me, but I still can't get my flash ad to my web site. Ok, first question...am I suppose to create a new directory to load the files? I made a new directory and it wiped out my whole site. After I deleted it, it was back to normal. Second, question...I loaded each individual file to my site through the file program section and nothing happened. And my final question...am I suppose to rename the flash files to index.html, or replace the one I already have because I tried that and again my whole site disappeared, but I recovered it. I'm sure that i'm making it harder than it really is, but it's just not working for me. I am open to anyone who thinks they can help me out.Thanks in advance!