I'm sooooooo new , I'm still shiny shiny!!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by Dedicated1, May 29, 2008.

1. Dedicated1

Dedicated1

Hi Everyone,

my intro,:Rah::Rah::Rah::Rah::Rah:
    ~~dances into the room~~
    I am in admin for a transport company here in Australia and 2 years ago was given the job of making the company website....( my bosses are ole goats who won't spend the money for a "real" website designer :image16-1:LOL)

I didn't know how to turn on the computer , much less design a website....so it has been a learning curve, to say the least.

Well, I managed to somehow bumble my way through the first one ( using gimp and Nvu) and lo'behold it works!:bancha:
    It worked so well the bosses call me "dangergirl" ( hence the avatar I use) for taking on the dangerous job that they wouldn't touch! ~~mumbles here about Luddites~~

The bosses were so impressed, they have now given me the unenviable job of re-doing the site all over again:image10:!

They want a fancy fang dangle site with all the "bells and whistles".......and so here I am
    I have armed my self with The Web Graphics Creator, The Logo Creator....and seeing that I am in a spending mood (with the bosses money--heheheheh), I am about to purchase The Flash Ad Creator.....I love new "toys", but this time I think I've gone crazy...:image06-1:

Any how , I am hoping that by joining this forum , I can learn something new and possibly add some humor for you all to read as I stumble and bumble my way through the "Web Creating Maze" again.

Thanks for reading...ooohh and if you see me asleep at the keyboard, could you please wake me up and send me home....I hate the little squares that end up all over my face and the drooling is not a pretty sight!

regards:D

Dedicated1

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. The sleeping on keyboards is OK with me, I do it. :D I hope you share with us what you have done and used Laughingbird products for. It is always neat to see what users do with the products.

Good luck and have FUN!

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Great intro Dedictated1!

Lol.

Welcome to the forum!

4. prototype66

prototype66

Welcome Dangergirl (great comic book series too!)
    Love the avatar!
    Love to see the new site when it's up!

5. Dedicated1

Dedicated1

awwwwwwwwww shucks guys, thanks for the great welcome:thankyou:

I am having a great time reading the forum ....there's so much to read!

6. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

welcome to the forum,i am looking forward to seeing some of your toils.as for falling asleep at the desk i think if you run a poll in here at least 90% of us have done it more than once

7. Dedicated1

Dedicated1

Grumble grumble.....

awwwwwwwwwwww:image09:

I tried to buy The Flash Ad Creator today and I am having all sorts of grief just getting my payment accepted.....
    I have posted an email off to Marc :D and then hopefully I can have a play with this new toy!

In the meantime , I'll just sit here and look at the screen dumbly wondering what I have done wrong.....:image10-1:

8. Wicked

Wicked

Quite a popular introduction thread and now I see why... Welcome to the forum Danger Girl!