Identity Creator Printing Issues

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by richinri, Jun 9, 2006.

1. richinri

richinri

Just got the identity creator and can't print out stationary. The size set in the software is larger than my printer sizes. Is there a workaround? I have a standard lexmark inkjet printer and have not had this problem with letter size pages before.:helpnow:

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Rich.
    No worries :)

When you push the 'Print' button, you can set the paper size.

Choose the "Options..." button from the Print screen.
    (make sure the radio buttons are set to "letterhead" )

Set your "Object Height" to 11 (inches)
    Set your "Object Width" to 8.5 (inches)

Make sure the Top and Left Margins are set to 0

This sets the paper size to print full 8.5 X 11 sheet of standard paper with no 'offset'.

(See screenshot below)

Push OK. Then print.

You can play with these settings for different results.
    (for example, the paper size that's in your printer is perhaps a little smaller ... 8" x 8" for example.)

- Marc

Attached Files:

3. richinri

richinri

Actually that doesn't quite do it either. Playing around with the options a few times tends to result in lock ups or error messages. Length 11 and width 8.1 comes close but are still off slightly. I will play around more with it tomorrow.

4. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Just a thought, the paper dimensions mentioned by Marc would be US 'standard' size. Here in the UK the standard size is 297mm x 210mm so you may need to adjust your page size to match your paper stock. I had a similar problem a few years ago when using a label printing program.

5. richinri

richinri

Thanks, I am using standard good old 8.5 x 11 size on an average Lexmark inkjet printer. I tried no 0 margins, width 8.05 and height 11 and that is just about right. I hope the settings won't have to be different with each template!

6. richinri

richinri

I was cutting the printing short to save ink. I finally printed one completely and just found out that the footers are also not printing correctly. This should be a problem for odd size paper, not standard 8.5 by 11 on a standard inkjet printer.

7. richinri

richinri

After more trial and error on one template - I need 0 margins, 10.5 length and 8.05 width for it to print OK.