Icon Maker

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by JPeterson, Jul 20, 2007.

1. JPeterson

JPeterson

I want a program that will make standard Windows Desktop Icons from the Logo's that I create with the Logo Maker. The Icons that are displayed on the desktop for the LogoMaker and CIC are very nice and what I have in mind. I have tried every program that I have found on the internet that allows you to download and try the program before you make a purchase. None of them work very well. Some of them come close and some, because they are trial versions, have features blocked that might make the programs work the way i want, but I will not purchase any product I cant try out first. Does anyone have any ideas? I sent marc an e-mail concerning this and also requested to know what program he uses for his Icons but have not yet received a reply yet. Thanks everyone.

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Jerry I believe Marc uses Photo Shop for his icons.

Have you tried this program. It is made to do icons and it is FREE.

http://icofx.xhost.ro/

3. JPeterson

JPeterson

Thanks Mac27, I have actually downloaded ICOFX last night but have not yet tried it. I hope it works. I didn't know that you could make icons with programs like photoshop, but I couldn't afford the program for just making a couple of icons. Can you make them with Corel Draw or Paint Shop Pro? I have these programs but have never even thought to try them for icons. Thanks for your help.

4. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hi Jerry, any graphics program capable of saving .bmp images can be used to create your icons (an icon file .ico is really just a renamed .bmp file) so even the humble paintbrush program bundled with Windows can make icons