I s anyone interested in creating a Logo for my Indie Music Label?

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by Leon Rodt, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Leon Rodt

Leon Rodt

Hello,

I am Leon from Munich, Germany and I just entered the membership here.

I am running a small Indie Label called "TEAKmusic". We release downbeat, world and smooth club music. Our first release was in 2007 and now (2009) we plan to go on with some more releases - that´s the reason why I guess it´s time for a professional logo.

This is what we use at the moment as a "logo":

[​IMG]

I like the idea of "the world is listening to TEAKmusic" but, as you can see, it is far away from a professional logo.
    I would prefer a B/W logo that works also in a very small size (on the back of CD´s, as a thumbnail etc.)
    And I can also imagine the logo is only "TEAKmusic" written with a wicked font.

TEAK stands for outstanding, professional, easy, electro-accustic music.
    If you need some accoustic inspiration, feel free to visit us at
    http://www.last.fm/label/Teakmusic?setlang=en

If anyone of you is interested in creating a logo for us, please tell me right from the beginning what your creativity will cost me.-) I don´t want you doing it in vain - but I am also not able to pay a fortune - i just don´t know the prices for that - that´s why I´m here.-)

Maybe one of you needs free music for his webspace? If you do a logo for me I can create a wicked loop for your homepage - you scratch my back and I´ll scratch yours? Just an idea!

Thanks for any reply!

Leon

2. KD-did

KD-did

Welcome to the forum, Leon. Would a "wicked" font be more Gothic or Graffiti/Grunge in nature to you? Your logo concept is excellent all it needs is a little polish. I am a little confused do you want the text as 2 words like in your logo sample or as 1 word as you it have written it here in the thread?

3. OldenGray

OldenGray

I think creating a logo for a music business should be colorful and fun, thus my entry into this foray of submissions. I also created (with the exception of the sun with headphones) it with Logo Creator. Not that this is any great and wonderful logo, but it does serve to demonstrate that color can be used to express the entertainment aspects of this business.

Attached Files:

4. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Hi Leon, Welcome to the forum. Here's my first idea.

Attached Files:

5. Leon Rodt

Leon Rodt

Hi there!

First a big thanks to all of you three!:image28:

@KD did : you recreated it very well - respect! I like the font and the lgog at all - but: I think I have to cancel the headphone thing. When I imagine this logo on a CD ( like 3x3cm ) you can hardly read "TEAKmusic" and the headphone reminds anyone I showed it on HipHop music - what we not release. But : not your fault - this was my idea.-)

@ olden grey :
    I think you have a point with colors - but I have to resist on a b/w logo, because on CD´s and on FAX etc. I can´t use colors.-(

@ Allen : yours is very good! It is defenitely my favourite one. You can read "TEAK" even the logo is very little and I appreciate the idea with the note sign:-)
    Really funny, because my studio and office is in the Munich "Weltraumstudios" This is their logo:

[​IMG]

That fits perfectly! I want to show it to some of my artists and partners and then I´ll be back to you - thanks a lot for the moment!

6. KD-did

KD-did

Leon, thank you for the feedback. My goal was to show you just how good your logo concept was. My font choice was chosen because to me it was unique and didn't convey any particular genre of music specifically.

Here is a simpler design using the same font..deliberately shown small. The first one will enlarge when click on and the second will not.

7. Leon Rodt

Leon Rodt

Alright - I showed the designs (KDid 2 & Allen) to 8 people. this is the result:

KDid (second design) : 3 liked yours better, but nearly everyone say, the font reminds them on HeavyMetal music:-) Funny - to me it doesn´t - but I think it has maybe something to do with the Metallica font - I think the font has to be more round and , how can I say - hmm , maybe "comfortable" or "relaxed"?!? Hard to explain for me german boy:-)

Maybe it helps to call you some well known artists, that would fit perfectly on our label: Boards of Canada, Sofa Surfers , Thievery Corporation, Molokko,
    Royksopp, Moby, Air........ ( I am dreaming, one day they will.......ha,ha,ha)

AND: "TEAK" should be a little bigger (more striking) than "music" if that is possible.

Allen : 5 liked yours better. Just the font you used for "TEAK" isn´t a home run:-) It looks a little too cartoony or naive - the rest and the balance ( also "music") is really good, like I said before:-) Maybe you can design it altogether just a little more squarish.

Big thanks again so far!

See you tomorrow....

8. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Thanks Leon. Here's a different TEAK. I have other font ideas, but thought I would start with this. Also, I wasn't sure want you meant by 'squarish' so on the second one (teak03) I brought the note in a little tighter to 'square off' the balance of the design to make it easier to reduce for the back of a CD, etc. Thanks.

Attached Files:

9. KD-did

KD-did

These are all low rez screen shots in order of my preference...going for unique font as I am uncertain what you would consider "wicked"

10. Just Bill

Just Bill

I couldn't resist. Just had to see my name among the Real Talent. Just hoping some will rub off.:image28:

Attached Files:

11. Wicked

Wicked

Sticking with the black and white concept you requested. Here is an idea to work with.

Attached Files:

12. Wicked

Wicked

Here are some variations of my original concept.

Attached Files:

13. KD-did

KD-did

text only

14. awalck

awalck Staff Member

I like that one KD. Nice work.

15. Just Bill

Just Bill

Just one more. (maybe)

Attached Files:

16. Just Bill

Just Bill

I'm on a roll. (feels like square wheels)

Attached Files:

17. KD-did

KD-did

Showing small on purpose tiny one is approximate lifesize

18. PureMethod

PureMethod

Hi there! Here it is some samples of logo design.

[​IMG]

19. Wicked

Wicked

Not entirely sure if the poster of this contest is coming back.

20. Leon Rodt

Leon Rodt

Of course I do:SayingHi:
    Just have to wait for some feedback from my friends!
    Thanks again guys!