i need a logo r a mascot for my site.

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Posty, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Posty

I am sorry for posting this here, there is no forum for hiring a logo designer.

I started a clan site called 1 Gamer Nation at www.1gamernation.com, and its a clan for all the xbox 360 games. I thought that a logo or a mascot would be a nice touch.
    If anyone would like to help me out here please let me know.

Also, who made the orb emotitars? those are awesome! could i use them on my site? will marc be creating a logo creator for this in the near future?

2. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Hi Posty, Welcome to the forum. I moved your request to "help wanted with my design" as it is better suited. Let us know more about what you are looking for; like color, style, etc. Take a look around the forum and don't be afraid to ask questions. -later.

3. Posty

Thanks awalck.
    If you take a look at my site you can see the colors used, i guess some sort of a logo or mascot in a contrasting color.
    If it is a mascot im looking for something like marc's laughing bird. its colorful and has different poses, if it is a logo i would like it to be colorful and include the 1GN and possibly include 1 Gamer Nation. neither should be bigger than 58x100 pixels
    Either should include an avatar for the admin 300x300 pixels.
    I would also ike to look at some of your designs.

Keep in mind that this is a clan site for the xbox 360

4. Wicked

Wicked

Hi Posty,

I wanted to clear up a couple things for you. The person who done the Orb Characters was Chris which is one of our admins. You can contact him regarding any of his designs using the link below.

http://logodesignforum.com/forums/member.php?u=6134

If you are just interested in using his avatars he created then I would assume he would direct you to his website at www.theavatarcreator.com.

Moving on to you wanting to see some work of someones let me give you some useful tips for using this forum.. This is a community of people who in the majority own some of the graphic creating software sold here but not all. This opens the floor to any member of the forum to submit a design for you. Laughing Bird Software in general does not supply the logo creation service but rather as I said it is open for all members of the forum to submit a design for you.. Some times you find that people upload some of their past designs into their profile here on the forum like I do. You can check to see by clicking on a persons name and going to their profile to see if they have any photo albums as they are called available for pubic viewing. Others may just have a link for you to look at past work or they could just upload some past work for you too look at here. More simply though people will submit designs for what you are asking and then you guide them in the right direction with feedback.

I myself think your site looks good as I am a big 360 guy myself. I actually think your site logo already looks pretty good because it is built into the template you use.. It would be tough doing a logo unless you want it built over top the image I have attached. Because of your template a logo would have to be built over top of that orange background like yours is now. In this case you would need to supply the same picture I have attached here but without the 1GN text on it. Or if you have a PSD file for photoshop Editing that would work for some. I hope I am making sense for ya. So as of now people can be coming up with an avatar for you if you want one designed but that orange background image would be required to do you a logo because of the nature of your websites template.

Attached Files:

5. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

With all that said, I was somwhat discouraged but since I had already started somthing, I might as well show it to you. The colors are changeable.

Attached Files:

6. Wicked

Wicked

If you can supply that orange background without the 1gn text I will see what I can do with a logo. Otherwise Ill see if I can do any good creating an admin avatar for you.. Any thing in particular you want on the avatar such as your screen name or the text "Admin"?

7. Posty

Thanks a bunch Wicked, that did help. I have been a member for a few years though not very active here. Thank you for clearing things up for me.

I am sorry Buffbaud, i didnt mean any harm or disrespect or to discourage any one. Sometimes things dont come out the the right way but sounded good in my head. I am sorry.
    I am no artist so whatever you think would look good as far as colors is fine.

I have attached the psd for the site with out the 1gn. This is why i added the 1gn, to try and cover up this pic. The size of the logo only needs to fit within the boundries of the attached psd.
    it doesnt look like it uploaded. You can get the image here http://www.1gamernation.com/images/logotemplate.psd

My screen name would be fine on the avatar, its FearfulTangent.

Also Wicked, if you would like to join our clan, feel free. It is open to everyone with an xbox 360.

8. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

Thanks Posty. It wasnt you.

9. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Nice logo/mascot there buff.

10. Wicked

Wicked

Thanks Posty for posting the PSD.. I am sorry for the new guy post I did not catch that you had been a member for so long. I will get started and see if I am able to come up with something you are looking for.

11. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

Thanks Allen.

12. Posty

i like that logo buff.
    Can i see it with only the xbox globe and a bit larger?

13. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

Like this?

Attached Files:

14. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Buffbaud, I really like your logo, but the more I looked & thought about it, I would be real concerned with copyright infringement against the XBox logo (their X). You all can do what you want, but I don't want to see anyone get into trouble. ...but nice concept though.

15. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

Yeah, I also thought about the copyright infringement. This might be an issue.

16. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Gonna have to agree with awalck. If it's going to be used as just an Avatar or for private use... maybe. That's still pushing it. Unless you have been given permission by the artist/owner/company it's not ok to use copyrighted material. :image07-1:

17. Wicked

Wicked

For now I have had time to put up an avatar concept for you.. You did say 300x300?

Attached Files:

18. Wicked

Wicked

If you are looking for more of an avatar/mascot figure here is one I've just finished. Any feedback is appreciated.

Attached Files:

19. Posty

buff, i really like your logo! Can you try it with a similar X instead of the xbox X? i also agree about the copyright issue.
    Wicked, i like your designs. I can only wish to be as good as you guys. I am looking more for and avatar that are similer. Like marc's, his logo is the same as his avatar with a different view of his characture. Its the same bird with different poses.
    I hope im explaining this ok, im not real good at this.

20. Posty

Here is one i made similar to buff's using a glass overlay. Please look at the xbox 360 font and tell me if there will be a problem. i have this font on my pc.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.