I need a key

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by texomatile, May 21, 2008.

1. texomatile

texomatile

I purchased the logo creator a couple years ago and I need to load it on my new computer. I have the cd but I cant find the box. What are my options? Thanks.

2. texomatile

texomatile

cd pic

[​IMG]Im trying to post a picture of my cd but I can't figure it out.

Attached Files:

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Texo.

The key for this product should have been located inside the box.
    (when, and where did you purchase the software? I'll check into this)

The key should be located on a 3X5 index card.

Marc

4. texomatile

texomatile

I have the reciept: Best Buy #1023 Sherman Texas

Purchased on
    6/24/06 at 17:57

5. texomatile

texomatile

Thank you for the new key - works perfectly.

6. peppis

peppis

Need an Activation Key, Please!

I recently purchased Broderbund's The Print Shop Pro Publisher Deluxe 22 as a download and also on a DVD. With it came The Logo Creator v5.0. I can open TLC, but it keeps asking me for a key, which I was never provided. I went to the website and put in my order # from my Broderbund order and it said it would email me my password, but so far I have not gotten any emails from Laughingbird Software. I can get into TLC, but only have "My Templates" available on the drop down menu. Where do I get an activation key so I can see the rest of the program? Thank you so much!!!!

Peppi

7. KD-did

KD-did

The key for the Broderbund version is on the back of the jewel case and on the install disk itself. Look under where it says "Install/Program/Art DVD the small print. It says in very small print "key code for The Logo Creator: XXXX-XXXX."

During the installation process from the disk you should be prompted to use the 8 digit key. Do an install and remove the TLC file under "program Files" and start again.TLC is a standalone 3rd party software and should not be installed as part of the Broderbund product.

8. peppis

peppis

Thanks KD-did for the quick response. Okay, forgive my ignorance. I purchased the Broderbund software over the phone for a download of The Print Shop Pro Publisher Deluxe 22 including The Logo Creator. I did that and also paid additional for a DVD. I received the DVD in the mail and all that was enclosed was a paper CD holder and the "Product on DVD" which only provides the order number and the date ordered. Nowhere was there a jewel case with anything else in small print about the activation key for TLC. Would it be anywhere else in the download file folder for TLC? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Peppi

9. KD-did

KD-did

10. peppis

peppis

Hmmm, I placed the DVD in my own jewel case because it came in a sturdy paper CD mailer and not any jewel case. And I only received one DVD that's labeled "Product on DVD The Print Shopw Pro Publisher Delux 22" 607300" It has the Pro Publisher picture, with Broderbund on the right side along with the order # and date of purchase. Then has a "Special Offer" logo on the side of the DVD. I think TLC was part of the download I did, but not one of the DVD's I got. I thought maybe it might be on the DVD but I just tried to look on the DVD (first time since I got it 4/25/08 since I already had it downloaded, I haven't had any reason to use the DVD), but having problems with both my DVD-rom drives saying they aren't accessible. :-( I also tried to go to the Broderbund website and got registered with an online account, but when I did so, it says it can't find any previous orders from me. Not sure why as I purchased it over the phone. Actually my husband had purchased the Print Shop Deluxe 22 and got a coupon to get a DVD copy. When I called to order it, they offered me the Pro Publisher Deluxe 22 with The Logo Creater, so that's what I purchased. So I got the download along with them sending me a DVD too. Perhaps it doesn't have TLC on it? Just the Pro Publisher Deluxe 22? That doesn't make sense if it comes with it. Any other suggestions, KD-did???

P.S.--Love your user name. One of my dog's name was KD and I always referred to her as KD-Doo. So your user name brought a smile to my face. (I lost KD to cancer unexpectedly in 2006). :-(

11. peppis

peppis

Oh and also I received an email back from Broderbund thanking me for registering my product, so I don't know why it's not showing an order from me. <sigh>

Peppi

12. KD-did

KD-did

Try exploring the DVD contents... as I remember TLC was located on the DVD in a folder called 3rd party software. The key can be seen upon starting the installation.

13. peppis

peppis

Hi KD-did. I actually used another computer to look on the DVD and lo and behold, I found the TLC folder. I also found a lot of the images such as orbs, swooshes, alphabet, etc. folder. But my question still is: where will I find the activation key? Do I need to uninstall it from my computer, then reinstall it from my DVD? Will the folder containing the images become automatically available once I get that activation key typed in (once I find it, that is)? I also read through any of the "read me" documents and nothing in there anything close to a key. I also PM'd Marc Sylvester to ask him how to go about getting a key. Thanks again for your patience and your help! :duh:

Peppi

14. KD-did

KD-did

I would do a fresh install from the DVD and wait for Marc to get back to you. Normally he would be able to look up an order but because your order was placed through Broderbund it is going to take special handeling .... Broderbund customer service should be the one providing a key.

15. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Peppi.

Check your PM.
    You should be set now.

I'll check on Broderbund and why they don't display the key prominently.

... as Roseanna Rosanadana once said: "if it's not one thing, it's another!"

16. peppis

peppis

*** Well I think that's the story of my life too! LOL I did get the key you sent me...thank you so much for such a quick response!!! BTW, I did find the TLC folder on the backup DVD Brodebund sent me, but no key anywhere that I could find. But I'm in now and very grateful. Cool program, by the way. Keep up the good work!

Peppi

17. Barb

Barb

My old computer bit the dust and I got a new one. I can't find the booklet or the box my program came in and I need the unlock number.
    I have the Corporate Logo Edition, do you need a picture of me holding the disk or something to show that I bought your product?

I tried the pass-key embedded on the CD but it does not work.
    I bought it in Rockford Il., and I don't remember where. Media Play, Comp USA, or Best Buy:image24:
    Any way please let me know what you need for proof and I'll be happy to send it to you.
    Thanks,[​IMG]
    Barb

18. KD-did

KD-did

The old past key should work.... be sure that all letters are upper case letters... case sensitive.

Send me a PM with your email address so that I can email you back and then you can me a picture of the CD. Marc is away on business for this week but I might be able to help you out.

19. Barb

Barb

Need Code

Hi KD, did you get my e-mail with picture?

20. KD-did

KD-did

No, I did not get the picture but I have JUST sent you an email so that you can send it to me direct.